Kiwi chef Nadia Lim and her husband Carlos Bagrie have welcomed a baby boy.
The MasterChef winner and My Food Bag creator welcomed her first child, Bodhi Bagrie, at 2.55pm on Tuesday, April 12.
Nadia, 30, shared the news on social media, writing: "Hey guys, I'd love to introduce you to someone ... this is Bodhi! Barely 24 hours old, he was born yesterday afternoon in the water, weighing in at 9 pounds 3 ounces.
"He's super chilled out and (as you'd expect) LOVES his food! Bodhi, mummy and daddy are doing great!"
Husband Carlos said his son's first name comes from the Sanskrit language.
"The closest to an English translation would be 'awakening' or 'enlightenment'," he told Fiarfax.
"It's a name that we both loved."
Carlos said Nadia was doing well, after delivering Bodhi in a water birth.
"Nadia did an absolutely incredible job with a natural delivery, she is in good health also," he said.
Earlier this year, Nadia told Woman’s Day she already felt “very connected” to their baby and couldn’t wait for him to make his appearance.
“I’m always giving my bump a little pat and I talk to him every day,” she told the magazine.
“It’s going to be so good to get to that moment when we’ll finally meet him. I can’t wait.”
This is the first child for Nadia and Carlos, who met while at university and currently work together as co-founders of the popular food delivery company My Food Bag.
The couple tied the knot at Karikari Peninsula in 2012.
Nadia and Carlos had previously spoken to the Weekly about the importance of family.
“No matter how busy things get, I would never let my work overtake family," Nadia said. "You have to draw a line in the sand and say, ‘This is far more important for the future.’ Even if I have a deadline, but I haven’t seen my family for a week, I’ll go and see them for a catch-up – no matter what.”
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayToday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveToday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveToday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayToday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveToday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FitnessFeeling sore after you workout? Try adding these 6 steps to your exercise routine
Good Health ChoicesJun 22, 2019
- CareerKanoa Lloyd on what compels her to speak up for others
NEXTJun 22, 2019
- FamilyClarke Gayford reveals Neve received a birthday present from Prince William!
Now To LoveJun 21, 2019