With a thriving career, new love (with Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel) and her adorable five-year-old son Flynn keeping her busy, Miranda Kerr seems to have it all.
But as the 33-year-old reveals in a new interview with Elle Canada, life wasn’t always so rosy.
The former Victoria’s Secret Angel is known for her sunny disposition and Zen-like attitude, but as she tells the magazine, things took a turn after her 2013 split from ex-husband Orlando Bloom.
“When Orlando and I separated, I actually fell into a really bad depression,” she said.
“I never understood the depth of that feeling or the reality of that because I was naturally a very happy person.”
Over time, however, Miranda says she learned that “every thought you have affects your reality and only you have control of your mind,” and that helped her bounce back.
An avid yoga fan and proponent of all things natural, the supermodel is also vocal about sticking to a healthy lifestyle and says she practices an “attitude of gratitude” for every day.
“What I have found is that everything you need, all of the answers are deep inside of you. Sit with yourself, take a few breaths and get close to your spirit.”
Of course, it also helps that the brunette beauty has moved on with new man Evan, 26, who proposed in June after a year and a half of dating.
Wedding plans are already underway, with Miranda revealing the couple have set a date for next year.
“I was terribly nervous and emotional, trembling with happiness,” she gushed of the moment he went down on one knee.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019