With a thriving career, new love (with Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel) and her adorable five-year-old son Flynn keeping her busy, Miranda Kerr seems to have it all.
But as the 33-year-old reveals in a new interview with Elle Canada, life wasn’t always so rosy.
The former Victoria’s Secret Angel is known for her sunny disposition and Zen-like attitude, but as she tells the magazine, things took a turn after her 2013 split from ex-husband Orlando Bloom.
“When Orlando and I separated, I actually fell into a really bad depression,” she said.
“I never understood the depth of that feeling or the reality of that because I was naturally a very happy person.”
Over time, however, Miranda says she learned that “every thought you have affects your reality and only you have control of your mind,” and that helped her bounce back.
An avid yoga fan and proponent of all things natural, the supermodel is also vocal about sticking to a healthy lifestyle and says she practices an “attitude of gratitude” for every day.
“What I have found is that everything you need, all of the answers are deep inside of you. Sit with yourself, take a few breaths and get close to your spirit.”
Of course, it also helps that the brunette beauty has moved on with new man Evan, 26, who proposed in June after a year and a half of dating.
Wedding plans are already underway, with Miranda revealing the couple have set a date for next year.
“I was terribly nervous and emotional, trembling with happiness,” she gushed of the moment he went down on one knee.
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019