After their magical wedding on December 23, Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth could have some more happy news for fans.
The couple are reportedly expecting their first child and are ecstatic, according to a source who spoke to OK! Australia.
"Miley's over the moon because she's carrying Liam's baby," the insider says. "It's a girl, which is what she and Liam hoped for."
The joyous news would be the icing on the cake for Liam and Miley, who began dating in 2009 after meeting on the set of The Last Song.
After announcing their engagement in 2012, the pair split a year later and rekindled their romance in 2016. Their sudden Christmas wedding came as a shock to family and friends – but according to the publication's source, this was what prompted them to say 'I do!'
"They never saw any urgency until they learnt their big exciting news," the source says. Miley and Liam have both admitted that creating a family of their own has been on their radar.
"Family is so important to me," says Miley, 26, who ditched her wild partying ways when she rekindled things with her Liam, 29.
"They wanted to be young parents," a friend has explained.
WATCH: This photo of Miley, Liam and a baby has everyone freaking out. Story continues below...
The pair went ahead with their parenthood plans after their beloved animals survived the devastating Malibu wildfires last November.
Afterwards, Miley joked on The Howard Stern Show that she was very grateful to her beau.
"He got a lot of action for saving the animals," she jokes.
That gratitude has reportedly paid off – an overjoyed Miley is said to have shared the baby news with Liam in the cutest way ahead of his recent 29th birthday.
"They were on the phone [shortly after they lost their house] with Liam in California and Miley in Tennessee," the insider reveals to OK! Australia.
Liam said, "I wish I had some good news." And Miley said, "I have news that will put all of this in perspective."'
Miley then revealed she was carrying a girl to a tearful Liam.
"He called his brothers and parents," the unnamed source says. "She got him to Skype call her family, too. Her mum was crying."
It seems Miley and Liam will have plenty of help with the baby – they seem set on the name Cassidy – with Miley's mum Tish, 51, saying she can't wait to be a grandmother.
"I'm ready for a grandbaby, I truly am. Billy Ray is, too."
For now though, the smitten couple are enjoying their newlywed bliss, with Miley sharing a very loving message on Instagram in celebration of Liam's birthday on January 13.
"I love the way you look at me and your family" she wrote. "Thank you for giving me the happiest days of my life."
"Their relationship is amazing," a family pal adds. "It's the perfect time for them to start their family."
Miley has since responded to the rumour with a timely egg joke, saying the reports were all false.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019