After their magical wedding on December 23, Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth could have some more happy news for fans.
The couple are reportedly expecting their first child and are ecstatic, according to a source who spoke to OK! Australia.
"Miley's over the moon because she's carrying Liam's baby," the insider says. "It's a girl, which is what she and Liam hoped for."
The joyous news would be the icing on the cake for Liam and Miley, who began dating in 2009 after meeting on the set of The Last Song.
After announcing their engagement in 2012, the pair split a year later and rekindled their romance in 2016. Their sudden Christmas wedding came as a shock to family and friends – but according to the publication's source, this was what prompted them to say 'I do!'
"They never saw any urgency until they learnt their big exciting news," the source says. Miley and Liam have both admitted that creating a family of their own has been on their radar.
"Family is so important to me," says Miley, 26, who ditched her wild partying ways when she rekindled things with her Liam, 29.
"They wanted to be young parents," a friend has explained.
WATCH: This photo of Miley, Liam and a baby has everyone freaking out. Story continues below...
The pair went ahead with their parenthood plans after their beloved animals survived the devastating Malibu wildfires last November.
Afterwards, Miley joked on The Howard Stern Show that she was very grateful to her beau.
"He got a lot of action for saving the animals," she jokes.
That gratitude has reportedly paid off – an overjoyed Miley is said to have shared the baby news with Liam in the cutest way ahead of his recent 29th birthday.
"They were on the phone [shortly after they lost their house] with Liam in California and Miley in Tennessee," the insider reveals to OK! Australia.
Liam said, "I wish I had some good news." And Miley said, "I have news that will put all of this in perspective."'
Miley then revealed she was carrying a girl to a tearful Liam.
"He called his brothers and parents," the unnamed source says. "She got him to Skype call her family, too. Her mum was crying."
It seems Miley and Liam will have plenty of help with the baby – they seem set on the name Cassidy – with Miley's mum Tish, 51, saying she can't wait to be a grandmother.
"I'm ready for a grandbaby, I truly am. Billy Ray is, too."
For now though, the smitten couple are enjoying their newlywed bliss, with Miley sharing a very loving message on Instagram in celebration of Liam's birthday on January 13.
"I love the way you look at me and your family" she wrote. "Thank you for giving me the happiest days of my life."
"Their relationship is amazing," a family pal adds. "It's the perfect time for them to start their family."
Miley has since responded to the rumour with a timely egg joke, saying the reports were all false.
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RelationshipsMatty McLean reveals what partner Ryan calls him… and it’s not what you'd think!
Now To LoveYesterday 1:26pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles met Greta Thunberg and revealed why he doesn't want to disappoint his grandchildren
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:38am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine speaks out about the isolation she felt when Prince George was a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 9:18am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020