Fans of the late Michael Jackson will be able to gain insight into the music legend's last days as his story makes it to television screens.
Acclaimed Hollywood director J.J. Abrams is teaming up with Warner Bros. Television and author Tavis Smiley to turn his book Before You Judge Me: The Triumph and Tragedy of Michael Jackson's Last Days into a miniseries.
The book, which will be released later this month, details the singer's final months and "examines the soaring highs and deep lows faced by the late pop star — his constant hunt for privacy in a life that was more public than almost any other, and the pressures he endured as someone whose fame made him socially fragile and almost unable to live."
The miniseries will be produced by the Star Trek director's company Bad Robot Productions. Last year, J.J. and Tavis also announced that they'd be turning the author's book about Martin Luther King Jr. into an event series.
A network has yet to be announced for Before You Judge Me, but the studio is expected to shop it around to cable, network and streaming services.
The Thriller singer passed away in 2009 just weeks before he was set to embark on a comeback tour. The footage from his rehearsals were later turned into a movie titled Michael Jackson's This Is It.
Catch a glimpse of the rare home videos of Michael and his kids. Post continues below.
Meanwhile, the former child star's daughter Paris has recently made headlines after she hit back at critics for not posting a Father's Day tribute to her late dad.
"If you try to harass someone into posting online about a holiday (fathers day), ask yourself if it's any of your business," the 18-year-old wrote on Sunday.
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares two powerful images to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- Relationships'It's a Bradaissance': Brad Pitt is back and the world couldn't be more excited
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:19am
- CareerThe Great Kiwi Bake-Off winner Trevor Hall's exciting new business venture
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveYesterday 9:10pm
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CompetitionsBe in to win a seven day Wellness Retreat with Resolution Retreats!
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 26, 2020
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayJan 26, 2020
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020