Michael Buble and his wife, Luisana Lopilato, have revealed their three-year-old toddler, Noah, has been diagnosed with cancer.
The singer shared the heartbreaking news on his Facebook page, although details about the type of cancer have not been released.
He said he and Luisana were “devasted about the recent cancer diagnosis” and were giving up all commitments to help their son get well.
"We are devastated by the recent diagnosis of cancer of our oldest son Noah, who is currently receiving treatment in the United States," he said on Facebook. "We've always talked a lot about the importance of family and the love we have for our children."
"Luisana and I will devote all our time and attention to help Noah to get better, for now suspending our professional activities. During this difficult time, we ask you to pray for him and please respect our privacy.
"We have a long road ahead and we hope that with the support of our family, friends, fans around the world and our faith in God, we can win this battle."
According to reports in Argentina, where the family lives, doctors initially thought Noah had mumps. But when they took him for further tests in the US, it was revealed he had cancer.
The Canadian crooner and his actress wife welcomed their second son Elias, in January.
Opening up on fatherhood in a recent interview, the singer said fatherhood had changed him.
"I love them more than I'll ever love anything, or anyone in the whole universe," he told ET.
He also revealed parenting fears for his children’s wellbeing.
"You're scared all the time because you love them so much that you can't ever, ever think of a world without them. "You try not to even think about it."
- BodyToni Street reflects on the extreme toll her auto-immune disease took on her body
Now To LoveToday 4:02pm
- WeddingsTwo years in the making: Tiki Taane's epic marriage proposal
Woman's DayToday 1:55pm
- TVAussie Bachelor Matt Agnew's embarrassing kissing confession
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- RoyalsA royal biographer dishes on what the Queen carries in her handbag
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- MoneyEverything you need to know about saving for your retirement
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- CareerPaul Henry reveals he's 'in talks' to return to TV
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin an indulgent prize pack from Young Living Oils
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Diet & NutritionHere are 6 energy-boosting food alternatives to coffee
Now To LoveYesterday 2:45pm
- Food & DrinksThese Kiwi oats are the perfect go-to breakfast for busy mornings
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- FamilyA former teen mum shares how she went from pregnant prefect to top of NZ in her career
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- RelationshipsGreg Boyed's widow posts a touching tribute on the first anniversary of his death
Now To LoveYesterday 11:32am
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her wedding day makeup look
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Travel News'Travel agents are retro' and 3 other misconceptions about travel consultants debunked
Now To LoveYesterday 10:11am
- PetsNZ police have posted a touching tribute to Constable Elliott: the world's first police guinea pig
Now To LoveYesterday 9:21am
- CareerBlack Ferns star Kendra Cocksedge: Living her dream and on a mission to help others live theirs
Woman's DayYesterday 8:10am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayAug 20, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveAug 20, 2019