Mel C has revealed she was “bullied” by her group members when she was a Spice Girl.
The 42-year-old has spoken out about her experience of being bullied, when questioned about the meaning of her new song by Attitude magazine, reports Stuff.
"Version of Me is about being bullied, about being in a situation as a young adult where I felt bullied and how that has affected me, and moulded me in a way," she revealed.
When asked if the bullying occurred when she was a part of the Spice Girls comprised of Melanie Brown, Victoria Beckham, Geri Horner, and Emma Bunton, Mel revealed: "Yes. I'm not going to name names. But yes. It's been addressed, they were aware of what they'd done. They apologised."
The singer, who is a proud mum to seven-year-old daughter Scarlet Starr with former partner Thomas Starr, says she's "more confident" now, and tries not to let things get to her.
"Now I'm older, I'm a lot more confident and I will not be s--t upon. But when I was younger I let people s--t on me. What's done is done but I'd have liked to have been a bit stronger. When we were kids we were so hard on each other and so determined to succeed that if anybody fell out of line they were quickly brought back ... [It was] a lot of pressure to live under. We all handled it differently."
She also revealed the difficulties of being ‘removed’ from society as part of a hugely famous girl group.
"We were taken away from reality and we lived in a bubble, and then you're plonked back into the real world and it's like what the f--k? I had to be integrated back into society. That was the difficult bit. It was a total head f--k. You get there eventually, but it was a journey."
Mel C will reportedly not be joining the upcoming Spice Girls GEM reunion project, which will feature original members Mel B, Geri Halliwell and Emma Bunton.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019