Lorraine Gilles, Melanie “Mel B” Brown’s former nanny, is reportedly suing the star for defamation after claims were made by the singer she’d had sex with her husband, Stephen Belafonte.
According to TMZ, Gilles filed a lawsuit against Brown after the singer-turned-television star defamed her by saying she’d had an affair with Belafonte, who got her pregnant and then convinced her to have an abortion.
The site has revealed details of Gilles' lawsuit which claim the former nanny was told by Brown the couple enjoyed an open relationship, after which she piled the 18-year-old with alcohol before involving her in a threesome.
The papers also claim Gilles' sexual relationship with the star lasted seven years, but slam recent allegations she fell pregnant with Belefonte’s child.
The documents reportedly state: "At no point did Gilles and Belafonte engage in any sexual acts without Brown's knowledge or participation and at no point did Gilles and Belafonte represent to Brown that Gilles was pregnant with Belafonte's child."
Gilles alleges that she had turned to the singer for support after becoming pregnant following a one-night stand.
She also says she was portrayed as a “homewrecker, prostitute, and extortionist" in Brown's pregnancy accusations, and that the star maliciously described her as being "impudent, unscrupulous, and exploitive."
The former Spice Girl confirmed she was ending her marriage of 10 years last month, and that she had filed for divorce citing “irreconcilable difference”.
It’s understood the star also has also requested joint legal and physical custody for their daughter Madison, 5, and requested the spousal support she’s paying Belafonte is terminated.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019