Lorraine Gilles, Melanie “Mel B” Brown’s former nanny, is reportedly suing the star for defamation after claims were made by the singer she’d had sex with her husband, Stephen Belafonte.
According to TMZ, Gilles filed a lawsuit against Brown after the singer-turned-television star defamed her by saying she’d had an affair with Belafonte, who got her pregnant and then convinced her to have an abortion.
The site has revealed details of Gilles' lawsuit which claim the former nanny was told by Brown the couple enjoyed an open relationship, after which she piled the 18-year-old with alcohol before involving her in a threesome.
The papers also claim Gilles' sexual relationship with the star lasted seven years, but slam recent allegations she fell pregnant with Belefonte’s child.
The documents reportedly state: "At no point did Gilles and Belafonte engage in any sexual acts without Brown's knowledge or participation and at no point did Gilles and Belafonte represent to Brown that Gilles was pregnant with Belafonte's child."
Gilles alleges that she had turned to the singer for support after becoming pregnant following a one-night stand.
She also says she was portrayed as a “homewrecker, prostitute, and extortionist" in Brown's pregnancy accusations, and that the star maliciously described her as being "impudent, unscrupulous, and exploitive."
The former Spice Girl confirmed she was ending her marriage of 10 years last month, and that she had filed for divorce citing “irreconcilable difference”.
It’s understood the star also has also requested joint legal and physical custody for their daughter Madison, 5, and requested the spousal support she’s paying Belafonte is terminated.
- MindThe tools that helped this author overcome his battle with depression
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am