A week after filing for divorce, Mel B has obtained a restraining order against estranged husband Stephen Belafonte amidst shocking allegations about his behaviour during their relationship.
The former Spice Girl allegedly details multiple instances of her estranged husband beating and blackmailing her in the declaration.
When taping a segment with Usher on X Factor, Mel B reportedly accuses Belafonte of launching into a jealous rage and punching the singer in the mouth. When she asked how she could work with the injury, Belafonte allegedly said she should have thought of that before deciding to "flirt with and f--- Usher," TMZ reports.
The day after performing at London Olympics’ closing ceremony in 2012, it’s alleged Belafonte punched her with a closed fist which resulted in her face "actually scabbed over the rug burns." He then reportedly forced her to tweet that she had received the injuries by running in seven inch Christian Louboutin heels.
According to TMZ, Mel B also claims he forced her to "participate in sexual intercourse with him and random women" while he secretly filmed the encounters. When she resisted, Belafonte would allegedly threaten to release the sex tapes in an effort to ruin her career.
Despite trying to leave many times, Mel B alleges he "threatened me with violence and threatened to destroy my life in every possible way ... destroy my career and take my kids from me."
The singer also reported Belafonte was in possession of a gun at home, which is a violation of the law due to a former domestic violence conviction involving another woman.
Their Hollywood mansion was raided by police earlier in the week in search of illegal guns, but none were found.
Mel B claims the abuse has been ongoing since 2007, however Belafonte has categorically denied the allegations.
“I think someone’s trying to set me up to be a bad guy,” he told TMZ photographers.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019