Melanie Brown threw a glass of water over her fellow judge after he made a crude comment about her wedding night on America’s Got Talent.
Simon Cowell, 57, was critiquing escape artist Demian Aditya’s performance during Tuesday’s show when he said: “I kind of think it will be like Mel B’s wedding night. A lot of anticipation, not much promise.”
The Spice Girl alum is currently locked in a bitter divorce with her husband Stephen Belafonte who she’s accused of domestic violence and currently has a temporary restraining order against him.
The singer looked shocked and flung the cup of water over the notoriously callous Cowell before storming away from the panel, followed by judge Heidi Klum.
Host Tyra Banks tried to make light of the situations by saying “Mel B is out. This is live TV, all. Live TV” and judge Howie Mandel awkwardly added, ““Something just went wrong”.
Mel eventually returned to set but appeared to have ripped her dress during the commotion.
Last month, documents emerged showing Mel B must pay her Stephen Belafonte $40k a month in spousal support, despite her accusations of domestic violence.
Judge Lawrence Riff also ordered the former Spice Girl to pay her ex-husband $140,000 in legal fees via a written judgement last Friday.
The judge said the compulsory spousal support payments would only be until an evidentiary hearing in September in which Brown hopes to prove her ex was abusive – claims Belafonte categorically denies.
The court documents also show Judge Riff’s scathing assessment of the pair’s financial situation.
He said they had lived "beyond their means" and had a "habitual inability" to pay taxes on time.
Judge Riff labelled their spending habits, including $20,000 a month on childcare and $4,493 a month on eating out, as not "credible or reasonable”, and questioned the wisdom in not getting rid of “one large expense burdening the parties [that] could be reasonably and easily mitigated.”
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019