Former Spice Girl Melanie 'Mel B' Brown is reportedly checking into rehab for post-traumatic stress disorder and drug and sex addiction.
In a sad turn of events, the America's Got Talent judge admitted she has been struggling for the past few months, which has prompted her to check into rehab.
Speaking bravely to The Sun on Sunday, Mel said: "The past six months have been incredibly difficult for me.
"I've been working with a writer on my book, Brutally Honest, and it has been unbelievably traumatic reliving an emotionally abusive relationship and confronting so many massive issues in my life.
"I am being very honest about drinking to numb my pain but that is just a way a lot of people mask what is really going on."
"I have made the decision to go into a proper therapy programme in the next few weeks, but it has to be in the UK because I am very, very British and I know that will work best for me.
"I am still struggling but if I can shine a light on the issue of pain, PTSD and the things men and women do to mask it, I will do.
"I am speaking about this because this is a huge issue for so many people."
She also added: "I am working on being a better version of myself for my kids - whom I love more than life itself - and for all the people who have supported me."
Brown has three girls, Phoenix, 19, with Dutch dancer Jimmy Gulzar, Angel, 11, with comedian Eddie Murphy and Madison, 6, with film producer Stephen Belafonte.
In addition to post-traumatic stress disorder, a friend of the singer - restaurateur Rusty Updegraff - has claimed that Mel struggles with alcohol addiction and has been known to "have sex with three men in a day."
"She needs help. She is drinking every day that she isn't working. Her sexual appetite is out of control.
"You can't take any straight guy round to her house."
We hope Mel is given the space and privacy she needs during this difficult time. All the best, Mel!
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020