Renee Wright is the first to admit that the perfectly poised and polished version of herself – the one who presents the weather on TV One - is a far cry from the “at home” Renee.
Scroll down for photos
As we speak, she’s not only juggling the relentless feed-sleep-play-repeat routine of newborn daughter, Arabella Valentina, she also has to physically carry her four year old son, Leo, from place to place.
“He can’t put any weight on his leg at all” she explains, brow wrinkled in motherly concern.
Just hours before our exclusive photo shoot, Leo fractured his leg on the trampoline, and is in a cast from ankle to thigh. Meanwhile middle daughter Giselle (2) is a mass of blonde curls, and high energy.
Home is barely controlled chaos, smiles Renee, 35, who say she’s leaning heavily on husband Charlie Waide and her mother Marian Wright at this busy time, especially as she’s also just returned to work.
“It’s full on and I don’t think you can really prepare yourself for that – you just have to roll with it.”
Arabella was a surprise baby in more ways than one.
Renee and Charlie hadn’t planned to add to their family quite so soon but were delighted to hear another baby was on the way after a tumultuous year personally for the couple. And their gorgeous daughter was born two weeks early, on March 18, after the longest and most painful of Renee’s three labours.
Already sporting a shock of dark hair, she looks a lot like her famous mum – and also seems to like the night shift.
“We suspect she might be part possum – she’s so nocturnal” laughs Renee.
For all the gorgeous family photos and the full story of Arabella’s arrival, pick up this week’s New Zealand Woman’s Weekly.
- BodyToni Street reflects on the extreme toll her auto-immune disease took on her body
Now To LoveToday 4:02pm
- WeddingsTwo years in the making: Tiki Taane's epic marriage proposal
Woman's DayToday 1:55pm
- TVAussie Bachelor Matt Agnew's embarrassing kissing confession
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- RoyalsA royal biographer dishes on what the Queen carries in her handbag
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- MoneyEverything you need to know about saving for your retirement
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- CareerPaul Henry reveals he's 'in talks' to return to TV
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin an indulgent prize pack from Young Living Oils
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Diet & NutritionHere are 6 energy-boosting food alternatives to coffee
Now To LoveYesterday 2:45pm
- Food & DrinksThese Kiwi oats are the perfect go-to breakfast for busy mornings
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- FamilyA former teen mum shares how she went from pregnant prefect to top of NZ in her career
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- RelationshipsGreg Boyed's widow posts a touching tribute on the first anniversary of his death
Now To LoveYesterday 11:32am
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her wedding day makeup look
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Travel News'Travel agents are retro' and 3 other misconceptions about travel consultants debunked
Now To LoveYesterday 10:11am
- PetsNZ police have posted a touching tribute to Constable Elliott: the world's first police guinea pig
Now To LoveYesterday 9:21am
- CareerBlack Ferns star Kendra Cocksedge: Living her dream and on a mission to help others live theirs
Woman's DayYesterday 8:10am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayAug 20, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveAug 20, 2019