McLeod’s Daughters star Zoe Naylor has revealed she once battled a serious drug addiction.
“In my late teens and early 20s, I was a heroin addict,” the 39-year-old, who played Regan McLeod on the Aussie drama, revealed on The Daily Edition yesterday.
Zoe explained in the interview that she became addicted to heroin before she found fame as an actress, blaming her boyfriend at the time.
Watch the interview below. Post continues…
“I was a clichéd overachiever – I was head girl of my school, had a scholarship to uni,” she said.
She admitted she had a “history of addiction” and would have “termed myself a party girl or a good time girl”.
However, seven years ago, she hit the addiction on the head and is now focused on her journey of awakening, and encouraged others to connect with themselves and find their own centre.
She now has two children with her Kiwi-born husband Aaron Jeffrey who she met on McLeod’s Daughers.
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am