He might be the former Prime Minister’s son, but DJ Max Key is determined to be taken seriously as a musician. As he releases his third dance music track, the irrepressible 21-year-old tells Woman’s Day, “I want to be the best in the world.”
With dreams of playing to crowds of thousands, the Auckland social media star hopes that people will love his new single All The Way, which he launches today. The music video was filmed in Fiji, with a shirtless Max teaming up with a beautiful bikini-clad model for paddle-boarding and parasailing.
Speaking out for the first time since his dad John Key’s shock resignation in December, Max – who proudly takes style inspiration from Justin Bieber - lifts the lid on his extraordinary life. He tells us he’s enjoying a new kind of freedom now his dad is out of the top job.
“I can do stuff now and people can't be like, 'oh it's just because your dad is Prime Minister’.”
Max also shares with Woman’s Day his highlights from his adventures with his dad, and reveals what really went on during their weekend at Balmoral with the Queen!
While there’s no doubt he’s a polarising character, Max tells us he tries not to let his haters get to him. One day, he hopes he’ll be known for his music rather than for his last name.
“I have been called every name under the sun. It more just drives me to want to work harder.”
To see Max’s music video for All The Way, go to www.maxkey.nz
For the full interview and an exclusive photo shoot, grab your copy of this week's Woman's Day, on sale now.
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveToday 11:28am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayToday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveToday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesToday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe modern nun: meet the enterprising Carmelite nuns of Melbourne who run their own beauty product business
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 23, 2019
- FamilyThe mindfulness coach changing Kiwi kids' lives by teaching them how to meditate
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan’s former co-star reveals what she’s really like in real life
Now To LoveMar 22, 2019