He might be the former Prime Minister’s son, but DJ Max Key is determined to be taken seriously as a musician. As he releases his third dance music track, the irrepressible 21-year-old tells Woman’s Day, “I want to be the best in the world.”
With dreams of playing to crowds of thousands, the Auckland social media star hopes that people will love his new single All The Way, which he launches today. The music video was filmed in Fiji, with a shirtless Max teaming up with a beautiful bikini-clad model for paddle-boarding and parasailing.
Speaking out for the first time since his dad John Key’s shock resignation in December, Max – who proudly takes style inspiration from Justin Bieber - lifts the lid on his extraordinary life. He tells us he’s enjoying a new kind of freedom now his dad is out of the top job.
“I can do stuff now and people can't be like, 'oh it's just because your dad is Prime Minister’.”
Max also shares with Woman’s Day his highlights from his adventures with his dad, and reveals what really went on during their weekend at Balmoral with the Queen!
While there’s no doubt he’s a polarising character, Max tells us he tries not to let his haters get to him. One day, he hopes he’ll be known for his music rather than for his last name.
“I have been called every name under the sun. It more just drives me to want to work harder.”
To see Max’s music video for All The Way, go to www.maxkey.nz
For the full interview and an exclusive photo shoot, grab your copy of this week's Woman's Day, on sale now.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am