The 21-year-old has previously dabbled in DJ’ing as part of duo ‘Troskey’, and yesterday he announced he would be taking on a new radio show called ‘Key’d In’ with George FM.
Now, it seems Max Key is taking his musical career to the next level, with the upcoming release of his first single ‘Forget You’.
“As announced on @georgefmnz, I’m proud to say I’m releasing my first single ‘Forget You’,” he wrote on Instagram yesterday.
The track will be previewed during his first show with George FM on February 16, and is set to be available for purchase from February 19th.
“I can’t wait to drop this,” he continued, adding in a monkey emoji.
The son of Prime Minister John Key has played at several gigs alongside friend Joshua Troskie as DJ duo ‘Troskey’, including the Spring Break event in Fiji in November.
It was there he was spotted partying with Elizabeth Donnelly, an Auckland student whose a brief romance with Internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom hit headlines earlier this week.
According to George FM programme director Willy Macalister, Max is “humble, down to earth and enthusiastic about music”.
“He deserves the same shot as everyone else out there,” he told Scout.
While Max’s single remains a mystery for now, there’s been some speculation the title ‘Forget You’ could be a reference to ex-girlfriend Amelia Finlayson, who he broke up with at the beginning of this year.
The duo’s previous holiday in Hawaii with John and Bronagh Key and Max’s sister Stephanie caused some controversy when Max shared a video of the tropical getaway on YouTube.
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RelationshipsMatty McLean reveals what partner Ryan calls him… and it’s not what you'd think!
Now To LoveYesterday 1:26pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles met Greta Thunberg and revealed why he doesn't want to disappoint his grandchildren
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:38am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine speaks out about the isolation she felt when Prince George was a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 9:18am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020