The 21-year-old has previously dabbled in DJ’ing as part of duo ‘Troskey’, and yesterday he announced he would be taking on a new radio show called ‘Key’d In’ with George FM.
Now, it seems Max Key is taking his musical career to the next level, with the upcoming release of his first single ‘Forget You’.
“As announced on @georgefmnz, I’m proud to say I’m releasing my first single ‘Forget You’,” he wrote on Instagram yesterday.
The track will be previewed during his first show with George FM on February 16, and is set to be available for purchase from February 19th.
“I can’t wait to drop this,” he continued, adding in a monkey emoji.
The son of Prime Minister John Key has played at several gigs alongside friend Joshua Troskie as DJ duo ‘Troskey’, including the Spring Break event in Fiji in November.
It was there he was spotted partying with Elizabeth Donnelly, an Auckland student whose a brief romance with Internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom hit headlines earlier this week.
According to George FM programme director Willy Macalister, Max is “humble, down to earth and enthusiastic about music”.
“He deserves the same shot as everyone else out there,” he told Scout.
While Max’s single remains a mystery for now, there’s been some speculation the title ‘Forget You’ could be a reference to ex-girlfriend Amelia Finlayson, who he broke up with at the beginning of this year.
The duo’s previous holiday in Hawaii with John and Bronagh Key and Max’s sister Stephanie caused some controversy when Max shared a video of the tropical getaway on YouTube.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019