The 21-year-old has previously dabbled in DJ’ing as part of duo ‘Troskey’, and yesterday he announced he would be taking on a new radio show called ‘Key’d In’ with George FM.
Now, it seems Max Key is taking his musical career to the next level, with the upcoming release of his first single ‘Forget You’.
“As announced on @georgefmnz, I’m proud to say I’m releasing my first single ‘Forget You’,” he wrote on Instagram yesterday.
The track will be previewed during his first show with George FM on February 16, and is set to be available for purchase from February 19th.
“I can’t wait to drop this,” he continued, adding in a monkey emoji.
The son of Prime Minister John Key has played at several gigs alongside friend Joshua Troskie as DJ duo ‘Troskey’, including the Spring Break event in Fiji in November.
It was there he was spotted partying with Elizabeth Donnelly, an Auckland student whose a brief romance with Internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom hit headlines earlier this week.
According to George FM programme director Willy Macalister, Max is “humble, down to earth and enthusiastic about music”.
“He deserves the same shot as everyone else out there,” he told Scout.
While Max’s single remains a mystery for now, there’s been some speculation the title ‘Forget You’ could be a reference to ex-girlfriend Amelia Finlayson, who he broke up with at the beginning of this year.
The duo’s previous holiday in Hawaii with John and Bronagh Key and Max’s sister Stephanie caused some controversy when Max shared a video of the tropical getaway on YouTube.
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019