Former Prime Minister John Key received an honorary knighthood yesterday for services to New Zealand, and it would seem his son Max couldn’t be more proud.
Taking to Instagram to congratulate his dad, Max shared a photo of the pair dressed as knights, and wrote: “Sir John Key has a pretty lit ring to it! Proud of you as always, but will still be calling you Papa Key! The shoes just go bitter to fill for your DJ/Vlogging son hahaha #voteforkey2044.”
It’s anyone’s guess as to whether or not the aspiring DJ could be considering following in his father’s footsteps, but given one-time reality star Donald Trump now heads up the Oval office, anything is possible…
From what we’ve seen of late, the family obviously like to have a bit of fun with Max posting a clip to YouTube last week offering a look inside his recent 22nd birthday celebrations – complete with cameo from his dad, John.
Check out the moment in the video player below.
The 10-minute video begins with the vlogger walking around his parent’s salubrious Parnell home before arriving at his surprise party.
Keen to add a bit of his father’s cred to his own profile, Max asks his dad if he has any messages for his “vlog fam”.
“Like and subscribe,” Sir John answers before doing a dance move known as the dab, seemingly much to Max's delight.
The newly appointed Air New Zealand board director tops the whole thing off by demonstrating he's not entirely up with the play after Max asks him to recall lyrics of an iconic pop song.
“So tonight's birthday vlog - everything's gonna be alright as long as we're dancing like we're what, dad?", Max asks his dad with his tongue firmly in cheek.
"Um," Sir John jokingly replies, completely dropping himself in it, "ABBA?"
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019