Did Matt LeBlanc just make a pass at Game of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke?
The former Friends star made a comment that’s been described by fans as “awkward” and “gross” by fans.
Matt and Emilia were taking part in split-screen red carpet interviews for the 2016 Emmy’s when the actress admitted she was a huge fan of Matt’s.
He was then asked whether or not he watches Game of Thrones.
In what seemed like a very Joey Tribbiani moment, Matt replied: “I saw the first season then fell out of touch with it, and then I guess that was when she started getting naked, so I need to catch up.”
Emilia’s reaction wasn’t shown on screen.
Fans let loose on the 49-year-old actor on social media after the comment.
“OMG Matt LeBlanc said he only wants to watch #GOT because Emilia Clarke got naked. Gross,” one user wrote.
A tweet from the official Upworthy account read: “Matt LeBlanc telling Emilia Clarke he should continue watching GoT because “she gets naked” gets 10/10 creep factor from us #Emmys.”
“That awkward Emmys moment was even too far for Joey Tribbiani,” another user said.
Emilia is apparently actually a huge fan of Matt and his iconic Friends character.
When the pair was on The Graham Norton Show earlier this year, she begged him to “ask me how I’m doing”, a reference to his famous line.
Watch the hilarious moment Matt LeBlanc tried his famous pick-up line on Emilia! Post continues..
After Matt busted out a “How YOU doin’?” at the 29-year-old actress, she blushed and dissolved into fits of giggles.
Meanwhile Emilia revealed her favourite part about the Emmy’s was watching Matt Damon!
When asked by the Daily Mail about her favourite bit of the awards show, she answered: “This is a bit cheating but Matt Damon. I mean, come on!”
"I know it should be like someone else, who won or who is like a part of the show, but he just – that was awesome."
The Jason Bourne star had done a comedy bit where he had a go at host Jimmy Kimmel to continue their long-running joke feud.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021