Hollywood heavyweight Matt Damon has revealed that he's friends with Kiwi director Taika Waititi - and it's what led to his cameo appearance in Waititi's box office hit Thor: Ragnarok.
"Chris just called me up, and Taika called me up, and I'm friends with those guys. They pitched me the idea and I just thought it was hysterical."
"I just thought it was just a great, funny bit, and very easy to do. Those guys were a lot of fun, and Taika runs a really fun set. It was a light lift for me."
Waititi's star has risen rapidly this year. Thor was a box office smash and he has been widely praised for rebooting the Marvel franchise, seemingly taking on the USD $180 million blockbuster with ease.
His trademark humour and typical laid-back style was well received on set and other Hollywood studios are already lining up to work with him.
Earlier this month his name was linked to the Star Wars franchise, with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy saying she "would love for him to direct a Star Wars movie."
No word yet on whether Damon will be on board for another cameo.
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020