Hollywood heavyweight Matt Damon has revealed that he's friends with Kiwi director Taika Waititi - and it's what led to his cameo appearance in Waititi's box office hit Thor: Ragnarok.
"Chris just called me up, and Taika called me up, and I'm friends with those guys. They pitched me the idea and I just thought it was hysterical."
"I just thought it was just a great, funny bit, and very easy to do. Those guys were a lot of fun, and Taika runs a really fun set. It was a light lift for me."
Waititi's star has risen rapidly this year. Thor was a box office smash and he has been widely praised for rebooting the Marvel franchise, seemingly taking on the USD $180 million blockbuster with ease.
His trademark humour and typical laid-back style was well received on set and other Hollywood studios are already lining up to work with him.
Earlier this month his name was linked to the Star Wars franchise, with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy saying she "would love for him to direct a Star Wars movie."
No word yet on whether Damon will be on board for another cameo.
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's tips for hosting the perfect Christmas dinner
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- FamilyGemma McCaw's Christmas joy: 'Words can't describe how grateful I am'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- CompetitionsWin a gum health prize pack with Oral B and Woman’s Day!
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- BodyWhat form of yoga is best for you? Here are six of the most popular
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe near-death experience that led Wicken jewellery creator Kim McKay to become a good witch
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Miriama Kamo will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- BodyEating soluble fibre more could be a game-changer for those living with asthma
Good Health ChoicesDec 07, 2019
- BodyGemma McCaw's 5 rookie mistakes to avoid when working out
Woman's DayDec 07, 2019
- BodyEarly bird or night owl? What your sleep patterns say about you
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 07, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals Prince Louis has started talking
Now To LoveDec 06, 2019
- BodyHer sister's keeper: Brave battler Eva Mitchell's unbreakable sibling bond
Woman's DayDec 05, 2019
- MakeupHow to find a foundation that matches your skin perfectly
Now To LoveDec 05, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares her family’s secret for picking the best Christmas tree
Now To LoveDec 05, 2019