It's a beautiful moment, when your friend tells you they're expecting, especially when it's someone you've known forever.
Things were no different for Matt Damon, who says he was completely overcome when his best mate George Clooney announced he'd be welcoming his first child this year.
During a chat with ET Canada, Matt said: “I was working with him last fall and he pulled me aside on set and I mean, I almost started crying.”
“I was so happy for him. I was like, ‘How far along is she?’ And he goes, ‘Eight weeks.'”
Matt, who shares three children and a stepdaughter with his wife Luciana, followed up with some pretty solid parenting advice for the 55-year-old dad-to-be, who had accidentally broken the cardinal rule of pregnancy.
“‘Are you out of your mind?! Don’t tell anybody else! Don’t tell anybody else! Don’t you know the 12-week rule?’ Like of course he doesn’t. I was like, ‘just shut up, man.’”
“And then four weeks later, I’m like, ‘we’re good right?'” And George confirmed: “‘We’re good.'”
Matt also revealed what he thinks of George's wife Amal, who he married in 2014.
"She's amazing. He hit the jackpot. Just on every level. She is a remarkable woman."
Clooney's Ocean's 11 co-star had no doubts about the couple's ability to look after their little ones either, telling the network: “They’re gonna be great. They’re gonna be awesome parents. Those kids are lucky.”
After much speculation over the past few weeks, Amal and George finally confirmed their baby news this month.
Julie Chen, Amal’s close friend and host of The Talk, revealed that, "Beyoncé is not the only superstar expecting twins.
"Congratulations are in order for George and Amal Clooney!"
The host added that Amal and George would welcome twins in June.
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayYesterday 3:15pm
- Married at First SightYou won't believe who Married at First Sight's Tamara Joy has hooked up with now
Now To LoveYesterday 10:40am
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019