It's a beautiful moment, when your friend tells you they're expecting, especially when it's someone you've known forever.
Things were no different for Matt Damon, who says he was completely overcome when his best mate George Clooney announced he'd be welcoming his first child this year.
During a chat with ET Canada, Matt said: “I was working with him last fall and he pulled me aside on set and I mean, I almost started crying.”
“I was so happy for him. I was like, ‘How far along is she?’ And he goes, ‘Eight weeks.'”
Matt, who shares three children and a stepdaughter with his wife Luciana, followed up with some pretty solid parenting advice for the 55-year-old dad-to-be, who had accidentally broken the cardinal rule of pregnancy.
“‘Are you out of your mind?! Don’t tell anybody else! Don’t tell anybody else! Don’t you know the 12-week rule?’ Like of course he doesn’t. I was like, ‘just shut up, man.’”
“And then four weeks later, I’m like, ‘we’re good right?'” And George confirmed: “‘We’re good.'”
Matt also revealed what he thinks of George's wife Amal, who he married in 2014.
"She's amazing. He hit the jackpot. Just on every level. She is a remarkable woman."
Clooney's Ocean's 11 co-star had no doubts about the couple's ability to look after their little ones either, telling the network: “They’re gonna be great. They’re gonna be awesome parents. Those kids are lucky.”
After much speculation over the past few weeks, Amal and George finally confirmed their baby news this month.
Julie Chen, Amal’s close friend and host of The Talk, revealed that, "Beyoncé is not the only superstar expecting twins.
"Congratulations are in order for George and Amal Clooney!"
The host added that Amal and George would welcome twins in June.
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019