LA based Kiwi actor Martin Henderson has taken to Instagram to let his fans know that he's safe from the California wildfires - for now.
"The hills above Malibu yesterday morning," Martin wrote alongside a photo of him with fires raging in the near background. "Thank you for all the concerned messages. I am safe and sound and mercifully my house is still standing for now. Prayers to all those who lost so much. My thoughts are with you. We will rebuild this beautiful community."
The former Grey's Anatomy star wasn't the only celebrity to have his home threatened by the fires. Many stars have had to evacuate their homes including Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
Kim's former stepdad Caitlyn Jenner almost lost her Malibu home to the fires. Lady Gaga was in a similar situation, with flames reaching the edge of her property. But some weren't so lucky.
Actor Gerard Butler returned to his home this morning to find it had been destroyed. Blurred Lines singer Robin Thicke also lost his home.
An estimated 250,000 people have been evacuated according to a report by the BBC.
The town of Paradise, with a population of 27,000, was completely destroyed; 6,400 homes burned to the ground and 23 people are confirmed to have died. Another two people have died in the wider Los Angeles area in what is now being called the most destructive wildfires in California's history.
More than 8000 firefighters are now battling the three large blazes which are raging over more than 1040 square kilometres. 110 people are missing, with those figures expected to rise.
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:05pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars: It's only going to get harder from here on in, says Carol-Ann Hanna
Now To LoveYesterday 2:11pm
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveYesterday 11:45am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayYesterday 11:20am
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayYesterday 11:08am
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMay 20, 2019
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveMay 20, 2019
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayMay 20, 2019