LA based Kiwi actor Martin Henderson has taken to Instagram to let his fans know that he's safe from the California wildfires - for now.
"The hills above Malibu yesterday morning," Martin wrote alongside a photo of him with fires raging in the near background. "Thank you for all the concerned messages. I am safe and sound and mercifully my house is still standing for now. Prayers to all those who lost so much. My thoughts are with you. We will rebuild this beautiful community."
The former Grey's Anatomy star wasn't the only celebrity to have his home threatened by the fires. Many stars have had to evacuate their homes including Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
Kim's former stepdad Caitlyn Jenner almost lost her Malibu home to the fires. Lady Gaga was in a similar situation, with flames reaching the edge of her property. But some weren't so lucky.
Actor Gerard Butler returned to his home this morning to find it had been destroyed. Blurred Lines singer Robin Thicke also lost his home.
An estimated 250,000 people have been evacuated according to a report by the BBC.
The town of Paradise, with a population of 27,000, was completely destroyed; 6,400 homes burned to the ground and 23 people are confirmed to have died. Another two people have died in the wider Los Angeles area in what is now being called the most destructive wildfires in California's history.
More than 8000 firefighters are now battling the three large blazes which are raging over more than 1040 square kilometres. 110 people are missing, with those figures expected to rise.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019