On the eve of Married at First Sight NZ's second series, the only happily wed sweethearts from the first season have revealed to Woman's Day that they're not only still head-over-heels in love – but they've just bought a new house and are keen to start a family.
Match-made for the television reality series, Brett and Angel Renall were instantly smitten with each other and have since settled blissfully into life together in Lincoln with their French bulldog puppy Cashew.
The lovebirds, who recently celebrated their first anniversary, are forever grateful to the hit Three series for bringing them together.
"As weird and wonderful as the experiment may be, the show gave us the greatest gift of all – each other," says Angel, 27.
When asked if a family is on the cards, Angel teases, "Let's just say the house we've bought has four bedrooms and we'll definitely be filling them. Our dog Cashew has definitely been a stepping stone for us."
Adds Brett, "It's been great watching her with Cashew. She's loving and committed – it's a lovely look into the amazing mum I know she's going to be."
And when they do have children, the Married at First Sight couple look forward to showing the littlies their televised wedding day.
"Mum and I have them all saved on the MySky," says Brett, 33.
But meanwhile Brett and Angel are eagerly looking forward to the launch of the new series of Married at First Sight on September 30.
"If I could give the contestants any advice," offers Angel, "It would simply be to put your best foot forward and stay positive… You might just wind up with your very own Brett Renall too."
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am