A year on from her disastrous wedding on the first season of Married at First Sight New Zealand, Vicky Gleeson-Stokes is smiling again after scoring herself a hot new man – and a new body too!
Shortly before moving in with boyfriend Ryan Watson, the Auckland flight attendant travelled to Thailand for cosmetic surgery, upsizing her breasts from an A-cup to a CC.
"I've wanted a boob job since I was in my teens," Vicky, 28, tells Woman's Day. "It's a confidence thing. I loved my body, but I wanted to feel more feminine in a bikini and not have to wear padded bras."
The star flew to Phuket with her "super-supportive" mum Sandra for the operation, recalling, "The doctors and nurses were all very reassuring, and the hospital was very clean, but I freaked out a bit when I met a woman with really, really big boobs who was having complications."
However, Vicky's surgery went flawlessly and she was back in Aotearoa after just a week in recovery.
She smiles, "I love my new boobs. I wanted to get them a bit bigger, but because I'm short, I think I chose the right size. Some of my friends haven't even noticed, although I've given [Ben Blackwell, from MAFS] a good look and he thinks they're awesome."
Also a fan is Ryan, 29, who says, "I thought she was perfect before, but they've put a smile on her face and they're not massive disasters, so I'm happy. They still look natural and suit her body."
Vicky first met the freight specialist at a party last October. Having never watched MAFS, Ryan recalls, "I'd heard she was the b** of the show, but I didn't judge her until I met her. She had a good heart – and she was alright-looking!"
Vicky adds, "He was super-nice to me and I was into him, but my friend told me he'd never dated a white girl before, so I left it at that. Then we ran into each other at a club in January and we just kept hanging out from there. Funnily enough, I'd never dated white boys either – just married one!"
Story continues after video: Vicky and Andrew struggle to see eye to eye.
Unable to legally divorce her MAFS husband Andrew Jury until next August, Vicky jokes, "I say to Ryan all the time, 'Do you feel naughty because I'm still married?'"
But in all seriousness, she's already looking forward to her next nuptials. She grins, "I do want to have that fairytale wedding where I walk down the aisle to someone I'm actually in love with. I think Ryan is The One."
- MindThe tools that helped this author overcome his battle with depression
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am