With the next court date in her ongoing custody battle looming, pop star Madonna has allegedly ramped up her efforts to keep tabs on teenage son Rocco, 15.
According to The Daily Mail, the 57-year-old has hired a private investigator to keep an eye on Rocco while he continues to live in London with his father, film director Guy Ritchie.
TMZ reports the singer fears her son is “living dangerously”, and recent photos of the teen sharing a suspicious-looking cigarette with pals at a London skate park have only added to her worries.
The Material Girl is said to be furious over Guy’s supposed lack of rules for their son, especially when it comes to his studies.
“Guy has pretty much told Rocco if he wants out of education, he can quit now,” a source told Us Weekly.
Madonna and ex-husband Guy have locked in an ongoing battle over their son since last year, when Rocco refused to return to his mother in the US and instead requested to remain with his father in London.
Madonna allegedly attended a court hearing in New York just before Christmas, where a judge ruled Rocco had to back to the US sometime before the beginning of the school year.
“I’m directing the child to be returned to New York. If he wants to stay with his father, he must return to his mother,” the judge reportedly said.
The reason behind the rift between mother and son is still unconfirmed, but some have speculated whether Madonna’s habit of posting awkward and embarrassing photos of Rocco online drove him away.
- MindThe tools that helped this author overcome his battle with depression
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am