With the next court date in her ongoing custody battle looming, pop star Madonna has allegedly ramped up her efforts to keep tabs on teenage son Rocco, 15.
According to The Daily Mail, the 57-year-old has hired a private investigator to keep an eye on Rocco while he continues to live in London with his father, film director Guy Ritchie.
TMZ reports the singer fears her son is “living dangerously”, and recent photos of the teen sharing a suspicious-looking cigarette with pals at a London skate park have only added to her worries.
The Material Girl is said to be furious over Guy’s supposed lack of rules for their son, especially when it comes to his studies.
“Guy has pretty much told Rocco if he wants out of education, he can quit now,” a source told Us Weekly.
Madonna and ex-husband Guy have locked in an ongoing battle over their son since last year, when Rocco refused to return to his mother in the US and instead requested to remain with his father in London.
Madonna allegedly attended a court hearing in New York just before Christmas, where a judge ruled Rocco had to back to the US sometime before the beginning of the school year.
“I’m directing the child to be returned to New York. If he wants to stay with his father, he must return to his mother,” the judge reportedly said.
The reason behind the rift between mother and son is still unconfirmed, but some have speculated whether Madonna’s habit of posting awkward and embarrassing photos of Rocco online drove him away.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019