She’s currently embroiled in the middle of a bitter custody battle with ex-husband Guy Ritchie, but pop icon Madonna still had time to appreciate the beauty of New Zealand during the Auckland leg of her world tour.
Taking to Instagram to share a video of daughter Mercy James cartwheeling around Auckland’s Mt Victoria, it was clear the Material Girl couldn’t get enough of Aotearoa.
“Mercy flies in New Zealand! What a beautiful magical place!” she captioned the video.
“Thank you for having us! #rebelheartour”
Mercy, 10, has been accompanying her famous mother as she travels around the globe promoting her Rebel Heart album. Mercy's older brother Rocco joined the pair until last December, when he abruptly left the tour to live with his father Guy in London.
Since then, Madonna and Guy have faced off against each other in a long legal battle, with both fighting for custody of 15-year-old Rocco. Last week, a judge warned the pair that if they could not reach an arrangement on their own, the court would have to step in.
"Frankly, both parties have chosen to live their lives in a very public way, and may welcome the exposure, but the child has not. I urge them to consider what is the best interests of their son – which may be to remove him from the spotlight,” Judge Deborah Kaplan told the pair.
“No one is disrupting his household other than the inability of the parents to reach a resolution.
If they cannot resolve this matter then eventually the court will.”
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019