The pop icon wants her 15-year-old to live with her in the Big Apple rather than with his director dad and his family, who live in London.
According to The Daily Mirror, Madonna, who is currently in the middle of her Rebel Heart World Tour, touched down at Luton Airport this week before meeting with her son.
An insider explains that Rocco’s decision to live with his dad was the final straw after the teen had an argument with his mother at Christmas last year.
“These are crucial talks and a last chance for Madonna to convince Rocco that he should return home before the court case,” the source says.
“She’s desperate to have him back with her in New York but things have obviously got very frosty and he has already made it clear that he’d rather stay with his dad in London.”
Adding, “It’s a sign of how seriously she’s taking this that she’s flown all this way in the middle of a world tour.”
Amidst all the chaos, Madonna managed to amuse fans on Instagram after she shared a snap of her eldest daughter, Lourdes. In the photo that is captioned, “❤#rebelheart the reactions lol,” the 19-year-old is seen making a funny face and showing off her armpit hair.
While many showed their support and amusement for the post, others commented about how this would affect her current custody woes.
“As a fan I can't see some posts doing Madonna any favours the press and public all seem to be on Guy's side! Sad but true,” one worried fan wrote.
No doubt the mum-of-three is thinking about the future of her middle child. She recently took legal action to try to force Rocco to go back however the teenager’s lawyer, Eric Buckley, told Manhattan’s Supreme Court that the 15-year-old “does not want to return to New York”.
However, Judge Deborah Kaplan ordered that he fly over to talk to his mother before a final decision was made.
“I’m directing the child to be returned to New York. If he wants to stay with his father, he must return to his mother,” she said.
Ever the professional, Madonna has continued her concerts despite her personal heartache. Just last Thursday she performed in Puerto Rico and is set to wow audiences in Germany later this week.
While the diva may have continued her shows, while on stage Madonna had some choice words for her ex-husband, Guy Ritchie.
In last week, the pop star lashed out at Guy in a fiery-worded tirade during a concert in Nashville.
Just like his mum, Rocco has made his views on his dad public.
The teen has been spotted out and about in London bike riding with Guy and his stepmum, Jacqui and the family couldn’t look happier.
Guy tied the knot with 34-year-old Jacqui at his sprawling country estate in Wiltshire in August last year, where Rocco gave his seal of approval by making a speech.
During an interview last year, Guy revealed a family vacation to the Maldives is on the cards.
"I'm going to go away in February, Maldives for a month, keep the wife and the kids happy.”
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am