Though Lisa Marie Presley was only nine years old when her dad, Elvis Presley, tragically passed away, the singer says she still feels close to her late father today. During an interview to promote her new duet with Elvis, "Where No One Stands Alone," Lisa Marie, 50, revealed she still asks her dad for guidance during some moments of her life.
"I wouldn't say I talk to him... I just remember everything. I can sort of pull out of the files whatever memories I have and stuff like that. And occasionally ask for help. Which was the case with this record. I just felt like a hand come down to me, it felt like that a little bit," she said on the UK talk show Lorraine.
Lisa Marie also admitted it was "emotional" to record a new duet version of Elvis' gospel song "Where No One Stands Alone" on the King of Rock and Roll's latest posthumous album of the same title.
"I just felt really emotional. It's never pleasant to sing and cry. You just can't do that in a good way. I had to keep my composure, but I felt very connected to him and to the song," she shared of the experience.
Lisa Marie was born to Elvis and his wife, Priscilla Presley, in February 1968. Nine years later, Elvis sadly died at age 42 after suffering a heart attack in August 1977. During her sit-down on Lorraine, Lisa Marie shared that she recently learned of a sweet quote her dad once said about fatherhood.
"There was a quote on the wall as I was leaving the [new Graceland] exhibit, it said something like, 'Becoming a father is the best thing that's ever happened to me.' I had never seen it before, last night was the first time I saw it, so that was really cool," she said.
This article originally appeared on Closer.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019