The early noughties are remembered as much for their on-trend velour tracksuits and trucker hats as they are the demise of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman's marriage.
It was all anyone could talk about! Until 2003, when Nicole Kidman was romantically linked to Lenny Kravitz. And despite the increasingly loud engagement whispers that followed the somewhat-unlikely duo, nothing was ever confirmed...
But in the February issue of Net-a-Porter's online magazine The Edit, the 49-year-old actress finally admitted that she was engaged to the iconic rocker.
And now Lenny Kravitz has opened up about his "amazing" ex-fiancee Nicole Kidman and how he felt about his daughter, Zoë Kravitz, working with Nic on Big Little Lies.
Lenny spoke to Mr Porter about his relationship with Nicole, saying:
"Nicole is amazing. I have stayed friends with my exes, in most cases."
Lenny went on to explain that he remains best friends with ex-wife and mother of Zoë , Lisa Bonet - which only makes us like this smooth operator even more.
By all accounts Zoë "loved Nicole" which is lucky because she is apparently hard on any potential girlfriend of Lenny's.
"If someone's around who is not in her eyes correct, she'll let it be known," he explained. "To everybody. What's wonderful about Zoë is that she's very honest. She's not fake at all."
When speaking to The Edit in February about HBO series Big Little Lies, Nic mentions she and costar Zoë Kravtiz already share a lengthy history. ""Well, I knew Zoë because I was engaged to her father. It's all in the family!"
She added: "I love Lenny; he's a great guy."
The Lion actress previously admitted to being engaged between Tom and her current husband Keith Urban, in a 2007 interview with Vanity Fair.
"I didn't really want a relationship. I just wanted my kids to have me, and I didn't feel comfortable having some person in that small hubbub. And then I got engaged to somebody . . . but it just wasn't right," she said.
"I wasn't ready. We weren't ready."
A report from People explains that Nic and Lenny met when she rented his Manhattan apartment in the summer of 2003.
But their whirlwind romance quickly met its demise (luckily for Keith!) in December of the same year, after they spent Thanksgiving together at his Miami home.
According to the publication, Kravitz said, "She will always be someone in my life."
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019