It’s not the first time someone has made a comparison between Lady Gaga and Madonna, but this time the ‘Perfect Illusion’ singer wasn’t keeping quiet.
In an interview with Beats 1 Radio on Thursday, host Zane Lowe said there was a similarity between Gaga and Madonna in their relationships with their fathers.
“There is another artist who has lived a very parallel existence,” he said.
“Based on this story, which I’m sure you can relate to. You know Madonna tells a very similar story … overprotective father … ‘Papa Don’t Preach.’ You know what I mean.”
However, Gaga wasn’t keen on the comparison and made a point of explaining why, seemingly focusing on her ability to play a range of instruments and the long hours she puts in at the studio.
Watch: Lady Gaga wins a Golden Globe for her work in American Horror Story. Story continues below.
“Madonna and I are very different … I wouldn’t make that comparison at all and I don’t mean to disrespect Madonna, she’s a nice lady, and she’s had a fantastic huge career, biggest pop star of all time.
“But I play a lot of instruments. I write all my own music. I spend hours and hours a day in the studio. I’m a producer. I’m a writer. What I do is different.”
It’s not the first time the two artists have faced off against each other. In 2012, controversy erupted over Gaga’s hit ‘Born This Way’ after some fans noticed a similarity to Madge’s ‘Express Yourself’.
While on her MDNA tour later, Madonna kicked the feud up a notch by performing a mashup of the two songs with a chant: “She’s not me.”
In an interview with Rolling Stone last year, however, Madonna seemed to have put the conflict behind her.
"The only time I ever criticized Lady Gaga was when I felt like she blatantly ripped off one of my songs ... She has her thing. I do think she's a very talented singer and songwriter. It was just that one issue."
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019