It’s not the first time someone has made a comparison between Lady Gaga and Madonna, but this time the ‘Perfect Illusion’ singer wasn’t keeping quiet.
In an interview with Beats 1 Radio on Thursday, host Zane Lowe said there was a similarity between Gaga and Madonna in their relationships with their fathers.
“There is another artist who has lived a very parallel existence,” he said.
“Based on this story, which I’m sure you can relate to. You know Madonna tells a very similar story … overprotective father … ‘Papa Don’t Preach.’ You know what I mean.”
However, Gaga wasn’t keen on the comparison and made a point of explaining why, seemingly focusing on her ability to play a range of instruments and the long hours she puts in at the studio.
Watch: Lady Gaga wins a Golden Globe for her work in American Horror Story. Story continues below.
“Madonna and I are very different … I wouldn’t make that comparison at all and I don’t mean to disrespect Madonna, she’s a nice lady, and she’s had a fantastic huge career, biggest pop star of all time.
“But I play a lot of instruments. I write all my own music. I spend hours and hours a day in the studio. I’m a producer. I’m a writer. What I do is different.”
It’s not the first time the two artists have faced off against each other. In 2012, controversy erupted over Gaga’s hit ‘Born This Way’ after some fans noticed a similarity to Madge’s ‘Express Yourself’.
While on her MDNA tour later, Madonna kicked the feud up a notch by performing a mashup of the two songs with a chant: “She’s not me.”
In an interview with Rolling Stone last year, however, Madonna seemed to have put the conflict behind her.
"The only time I ever criticized Lady Gaga was when I felt like she blatantly ripped off one of my songs ... She has her thing. I do think she's a very talented singer and songwriter. It was just that one issue."
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayYesterday 3:15pm
- Married at First SightYou won't believe who Married at First Sight's Tamara Joy has hooked up with now
Now To LoveYesterday 10:40am
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019