Newly-single Kylie Minogue is getting over Joshua Sasse the best way she knows how – by writing a break-up album.
Less than a month after calling off her engagement to the 29-year-old Galavant actor, the “Spinning Around” songbird has announced she’s back in the studio and working on new material which is heavily inspired by her recent heartbreak.
"It’s been an interesting few months," the singer revealed at the exclusive Australian launch of her new Kylie Minogue Eyewear collection exclusive to Specsavers. “It’s been fantastic for moving forward creatively. There’s this fantastic fresh new energy.
"Funnily enough, I feel like I just want to spread the love. So that’s what the album is going to be about."
Following the couple’s February split, reports swirled Joshua was cheating on the Kylie with his No Tomorrow co-star, Marta Milans, 34. But the 48-year-old Grammy winner has put the ugly end to her two-year union behind her and launched herself into new projects.
As well as penning fresh music, the UK-based Specsavers ambassador returned home to Sydney today to launch her new range of petite frames, including 25 glasses and four prescription sunglasses.
Looking phenomenal in a figure-hugging white gown for her first official appearance since the split, Kylie confessed to needing another set of drawers to house her all her new frames from the chic collection, which comes in three design themes, Modern Classics, Subtle Bling and Reinvented Vintage.
“I desperately need to call Elton John, and say, ‘Elt, how do you store all your glasses?,” she told punters at the glamorous event, which was hosted by E! host Ksenija Lukich.
While she boasts an epic collection of specs now, Kylie didn’t always have the confidence to wear her frames with pride. The “I Should Be So Lucky” singer first started wearing spectacles in her early-20s when she was having difficulty maintaining focus when reading and suffering from headaches.
“I was reluctant once,” she said. “I went out on a date and tried to read the menu and I couldn’t. But you just have to work them. My style’s evolving all the time, but no matter where you are going, or what you are wearing this new ranges has options.”
The Kylie Minogue Eyewear collection, exclusive to Specsavers, will be available in stores nationwide from Thursday March 9.
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019