Kristen Bell and husband Dax Shepard have held the coveted spot of Hollywood’s Cutest Couple for years and it’s all thanks to…
“We have a very healthy marriage and we got there by doing therapy when we needed it, and constantly doing fierce moral inventories,” the 36-year-old actress explained to People at the Los Angeles premiere of CHiPS.
“We both take responsibility when we are wrong, and I think it is easy to work with him because I married him, because I enjoy spending time with him and I trust him. That is exactly what I want in someone that I work with,” she added.
The actress, who became a household name after her portrayal of teen super-sleuth Veronica Mars in the same-titled drama series, added that a lack of competition has also played a part in the success of her marriage.
“I guess there is no competition between us — we’re not generally up for the same roles, so we can kind of keep that separate,” she joked.
But even the best marriages aren’t without incident! The actress took the time to recall her first-ever fight with her 42-year-old hubby.
“We were fighting about the first year of our relationship because it’s a power struggle, and we were fighting about the playlist, and I got so mad at him at one point that I refused to hold onto him,” she said.
“So I was on the back and just held onto the [bike] because I didn’t want to touch him.”
Kristen and Dax tied the knot in 2013, and have two children – Lincoln, three-and-a-half, and Delta, one.
Dax, who is perhaps best known for his role in American television series Parenthood, has also publically commented on his seemingly-perfect marriage with Kristen.
“I said to Kristen, ‘We should try hard to police ourselves about becoming contemptuous of each other,’ ” the actor said in a 2015 interview. “If I ever see you roll your eyes at me, we need to hit pause and figure out what’s going on.’ ”
At the time, Kristen added, “I don’t mind advertising a healthy marriage. I’m trying, just like everyone else.”
We’re filing this couple under: Perfect.
WATCH: Kristen talks about her wonderful marriage to Dax.
This story first appeared on Now To Love Australia
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 25, 2019