Kristen Bell and husband Dax Shepard have held the coveted spot of Hollywood’s Cutest Couple for years and it’s all thanks to…
“We have a very healthy marriage and we got there by doing therapy when we needed it, and constantly doing fierce moral inventories,” the 36-year-old actress explained to People at the Los Angeles premiere of CHiPS.
“We both take responsibility when we are wrong, and I think it is easy to work with him because I married him, because I enjoy spending time with him and I trust him. That is exactly what I want in someone that I work with,” she added.
The actress, who became a household name after her portrayal of teen super-sleuth Veronica Mars in the same-titled drama series, added that a lack of competition has also played a part in the success of her marriage.
“I guess there is no competition between us — we’re not generally up for the same roles, so we can kind of keep that separate,” she joked.
But even the best marriages aren’t without incident! The actress took the time to recall her first-ever fight with her 42-year-old hubby.
“We were fighting about the first year of our relationship because it’s a power struggle, and we were fighting about the playlist, and I got so mad at him at one point that I refused to hold onto him,” she said.
“So I was on the back and just held onto the [bike] because I didn’t want to touch him.”
Kristen and Dax tied the knot in 2013, and have two children – Lincoln, three-and-a-half, and Delta, one.
Dax, who is perhaps best known for his role in American television series Parenthood, has also publically commented on his seemingly-perfect marriage with Kristen.
“I said to Kristen, ‘We should try hard to police ourselves about becoming contemptuous of each other,’ ” the actor said in a 2015 interview. “If I ever see you roll your eyes at me, we need to hit pause and figure out what’s going on.’ ”
At the time, Kristen added, “I don’t mind advertising a healthy marriage. I’m trying, just like everyone else.”
We’re filing this couple under: Perfect.
WATCH: Kristen talks about her wonderful marriage to Dax.
This story first appeared on Now To Love Australia
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019