Veteran actor Sam Neill has called for a boycott of Cadbury products, if the company goes through with its Dunedin factory closure.
The chocolate giant, who are owned by American corporation Mondelez International, announced last week that they would close the Dunedin operation and move production to Australia.
Mondelez stated that shipping costs meant they could no longer justify the location of the factory, and would close it by 2018, at the loss of 362 jobs.
It's for this reason that Jurassic Park star Sam has threatened to put the word out for followers to stop buying Cadbury, if the firm go through with their plans.
"If #Cadburys really close their factory in Dunedin, I will ask every one here & Australia to NEVER sell or buy anything Cadbury EVER again," he tweeted.
"When #Kraft etc close factories like @Cadbury_NZ, they save, while ripping the guts out of a community & its history."
And he's not the only one.
Already, a Facebook group named 'Boycott Cadbury NZ' has been started, and has gathered over 1,200 members in just a few days.
This isn't the first time the company have come under fire for moving production.
When Kraft foods initially took over back in 2010, they closed Somerdale Factory in Keynsham, south west England, at the loss of 400 jobs. Production was moved to Poland, a cheaper place to produce.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019