Celebrity News

Kim Kardashian’s robber admits the heist was “irresistable”

The alleged ringleader who robbed Kim Kardashian West has revealed that her social media played a huge role in the “very simple affair.”
Kim kardashian

Aomar Ait Khedache, the implicated veteran robber who has been dubbed “The Old Man” by French police, has revealed that Kim’s no holded bars approach to social media facilitated the terrifying events of the October 3 robbery in Paris.

French newspaper Le Monde has published excerpts of the 60-year-old’s police testimony which were collected during several interrogations conducted over a 96-hour period.

“The jewels were shown on the Internet, and [she said] that she didn’t wear fakes . . . the time she would arrive in France, you just had to look at the Internet and you knew everything, absolutely everything,” he said in the police report obtained by Le Monde.

It has also been reported that Khedache found the robbery “irresistible” after having seen Kim prominently display her impressive jewellery collection on social media.

However, he did add that “very precise information” from “someone who was very close to her” bolstered their social media perusal.

In a chillingly admission, Khedache also revealed that the infamous group had plans to rob Kim on one of her earlier trips to Paris but called off the affair as she was never seen to be alone.

As for the whereabouts of Kim’s jewellery, Khedache said that all but one piece has been melted into an unidentifiable state.

“We all made the decision to melt them [down],” he said, according to the newspaper. “One of the people took care of it.”

But perhaps the most recognisable piece – Kim’s 20-karat diamond ring – remains as it was when the robbery occurred.

The ring took pride of place in a selfie the reality TV star uploaded to Instagram less than a week before the robbery.

The $USD4 million ($AUD5.3 million) is in “somebody’s” possession, Khedache said, adding “we’re all afraid to sell it because it is a stone that is very easy to spot.”

Several months after the 36-year-old star was bound and gagged at gunpoint in Paris, French police detained a reported 17 suspects.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Paris police officials said at least 16 people were detained and held for questioning in connection the robbery.

The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity as they are not yet allowed to speak publicly of the continuing investigation, revealed that the suspects were picked up during a coordinated police operation that began in the early hours of the morning in the Paris region.

After the traumatic event, Kourtney Kardashian revealed that Kim was “not doing that well.”

According to police, the youngest of those arrested was 23 while the oldest, 72. It also emerged that three women were among those arrested in the raids.

It’s believed that the women were instructed to follow Kim around Paris in the days prior to the robbery.

At the time, The Mirror reported that the suspects had been dubbed as “career criminals” by French police as many were already well known to detectives for their previous involvement in armed robberies and other crimes.

WATCH: The chilling moment Kim’s five masked robbers made their stealthy getaway. Post continues after video…

Loading the player...

Several reports suggested that police tracked down the suspects through DNA evidence and fingerprints found at the luxury Hôtel de Pourtalès, where Kim was robbed of $11 million dollars worth of jewellery.

Speaking with Agence France-Presse a police source explained, “One of the DNA samples matched an individual known to police for robbery and criminal offences, who is considered a major thug.”

According to Page Six police obtained one such DNA sample from a piece of tape which was used to gag the Keeping up with the Kardashians star.

This story originally appeared on Woman’s Day Australia

Related stories