French investigators have revealed that despite rounding up a group of possible suspects, Kim Kardashian West’s stolen jewellery is unlikely to ever be recovered.
The Keeping Up With The Kardashians star was robbed at gun point in Paris in October last year after thieves forced their way into the prestigious Paris apartment.
According to reports an estimated US$10 million (NZ$14.3 million) worth of jewellery was taken, including her diamond engagement ring valued at US$4 million (NZ$5.67 million).
This week police arrested 17 people in raids across France in connection with the armed robbery.
Most recent developments in the case have revealed the star's Paris limousine driver along with two others, who were arrested, have since been released. 14 still remain in custody as investigations continue, The Guardian reports.
It’s understood five men have been detained who took part in the theft. DNA evidence from the crime scene gave police information which led to a detailed surveillance operation.
Authorities are also examining the possibility that the gang acted on a tip off that Kim would be unprotected by her bodyguard on the night of the robbery.
While news of the arrests offers some hope for justice, TMZ reports police have said to the star it’s unlikely she’ll ever see her jewels again.
Police say most diamonds the size of Kim’s are immediately shipped off the Antwerp’s diamond district in Belgium then quickly disappear.
Insurance claims filed after the robbery listed 12 other items were stolen in addition to the 20 carat emerald cut diamond engagement ring.
In the weeks following the robbery, Kim’s sister Khloe revealed the star had been struggling to come to terms with the traumatic incident and had “not been doing that well”.
Kim’s husband Kayne West also experienced a reported breakdown in November last year.
The Daily Mail reports the rapper took the wrong amount of medications after his wife’s robbery. It's unclear what psychological conditions the star suffered from.
A source close to the family claims there has been some history of West being erratic with his medication. The star has since been released from hospital, following an eight day stay.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019