Nearly a week after welcoming their third child and second daughter together, Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West have announced their newborn's all-important moniker.
Introducing… Chicago West!
The reality tv star shared the name via her app and website. While she hasn't yet explained the reasoning or meaning behind the name choice, Kanye was raised in Chicago so we're guessing that has something to do with it.
Within minutes of revealing her name, Chicago West was trending on Twitter. And it's fair to say the Internet has some feelings about the unusual choice…
The name announcement comes four days after the baby girl's birth via surrogate.
The couple shared their happy news in a statement issued on Kim's website.
"Kanye and I are happy to announce the arrival of our healthy, beautiful baby girl," Kim wrote in a post titled 'She's Here!'
"We are incredibly grateful to our surrogate who made our dreams come true with the greatest gift one could give and to our wonderful doctors and nurses for their special care."
The new arrival will join big sister North, four-and-a-half, and big brother Saint, two.
"North and Saint are especially thrilled to welcome their baby sister," the couple added.
A source had previously confirmed to People that the couple had hired a surrogate to help expand their family.
"The entire family is over the moon. Kim had been looking for a surrogate for months until recently when she found the perfect candidate," a source told the publication in September.
"Given her health scares in the past, Kim felt the need to hire a surrogacy agency that helped serve as the liaison in finding a healthy woman who would be a great surrogate option for her and Kanye," the source added, referring to the mogul's past struggles with preeclampsia and a life-threatening condition called placenta accreta. "Both of them have been super involved in the process."
Congratulations again to the happy family-of-five!
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019