Nearly a week after welcoming their third child and second daughter together, Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West have announced their newborn's all-important moniker.
Introducing… Chicago West!
The reality tv star shared the name via her app and website. While she hasn't yet explained the reasoning or meaning behind the name choice, Kanye was raised in Chicago so we're guessing that has something to do with it.
Within minutes of revealing her name, Chicago West was trending on Twitter. And it's fair to say the Internet has some feelings about the unusual choice…
The name announcement comes four days after the baby girl's birth via surrogate.
The couple shared their happy news in a statement issued on Kim's website.
"Kanye and I are happy to announce the arrival of our healthy, beautiful baby girl," Kim wrote in a post titled 'She's Here!'
"We are incredibly grateful to our surrogate who made our dreams come true with the greatest gift one could give and to our wonderful doctors and nurses for their special care."
The new arrival will join big sister North, four-and-a-half, and big brother Saint, two.
"North and Saint are especially thrilled to welcome their baby sister," the couple added.
A source had previously confirmed to People that the couple had hired a surrogate to help expand their family.
"The entire family is over the moon. Kim had been looking for a surrogate for months until recently when she found the perfect candidate," a source told the publication in September.
"Given her health scares in the past, Kim felt the need to hire a surrogacy agency that helped serve as the liaison in finding a healthy woman who would be a great surrogate option for her and Kanye," the source added, referring to the mogul's past struggles with preeclampsia and a life-threatening condition called placenta accreta. "Both of them have been super involved in the process."
Congratulations again to the happy family-of-five!
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019