Nearly a week after welcoming their third child and second daughter together, Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West have announced their newborn's all-important moniker.
Introducing… Chicago West!
The reality tv star shared the name via her app and website. While she hasn't yet explained the reasoning or meaning behind the name choice, Kanye was raised in Chicago so we're guessing that has something to do with it.
Within minutes of revealing her name, Chicago West was trending on Twitter. And it's fair to say the Internet has some feelings about the unusual choice…
The name announcement comes four days after the baby girl's birth via surrogate.
The couple shared their happy news in a statement issued on Kim's website.
"Kanye and I are happy to announce the arrival of our healthy, beautiful baby girl," Kim wrote in a post titled 'She's Here!'
"We are incredibly grateful to our surrogate who made our dreams come true with the greatest gift one could give and to our wonderful doctors and nurses for their special care."
The new arrival will join big sister North, four-and-a-half, and big brother Saint, two.
"North and Saint are especially thrilled to welcome their baby sister," the couple added.
A source had previously confirmed to People that the couple had hired a surrogate to help expand their family.
"The entire family is over the moon. Kim had been looking for a surrogate for months until recently when she found the perfect candidate," a source told the publication in September.
"Given her health scares in the past, Kim felt the need to hire a surrogacy agency that helped serve as the liaison in finding a healthy woman who would be a great surrogate option for her and Kanye," the source added, referring to the mogul's past struggles with preeclampsia and a life-threatening condition called placenta accreta. "Both of them have been super involved in the process."
Congratulations again to the happy family-of-five!
- TVBree Tomasel reveals her heartbreaking medical condition
Woman's DayYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsThe Queen “regretfully” cancels her appearance at UN climate change summit amid mounting fears for her health
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 2:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice makes a glamorous appearance after welcoming baby Sienna with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 26, 2021
- At homeBring some tranquility to your home with these trending paint colours
Now To LoveOct 25, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Edna Swart has found the one
Now To LoveOct 23, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's courage: 'My boobs are ticking timebombs!'
Woman's DayOct 21, 2021
- Married at First SightWhich Married At First Sight season 8 couples are still together?
Now To LoveOct 19, 2021