Caitlyn Jenner has broken her social media silence just days after Kim Kardashian was robbed at gunpoint in her Paris hotel.
The reality star had originally faced some backlash over sharing a selfie on Instagram in the wake of the shocking news, a move some users deemed insensitive. Kim’s younger sister Kylie also copped some flak for posting a series of selfies on her own Instagram account – but that’s not the only issue at stake.
Concerns over personal security have also been raised, especially as it’s been revealed that the youngest of the Kardashian-Jenner clan recently had problems with a stalker.
Previous to the robbery, the reality star - who has 76 million followers on Instagram alone - was warned by her sisters not to post on social media so frequently.
The family said they were worried about the risks the reality star could face by constantly letting the world know her location.
Ironically, in the latest season of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Khloe Kardashian even joked it might be worth teaching their sister a lesson about cyber security.
"We need to do something that will terrify her. Shall we hold her at gunpoint?" she said, before the others dismissed the idea as "too crazy".
"There's been a guy following Kylie and she isn't taking it seriously. Kylie is so huge on social media," older sister Kourtney added.
"She's one of the most followed people on Snapchat, which shows your location instantly. It's not safe."
Kourtney said the police had been involved, warning Kylie to stop posting on Snapchat.
“You know Kylie always posts and tags her location? Even the police told her to stop posting her location and she didn't,” Kourtney said.
While the family decide to prank Kylie to teach her a lesson, the idea of holding her to gunpoint was dismissed by the others as “too crazy.”
Instead, the sisters cover Kylie’s car with balloons printed with the model’s face.
According to reports, Kim Kardashian posted on Snapchat from her hotel room just before the robbery is believed to have taken place.
Production on the E! reality television show has now been shut down and Variety reports no decision has been made as to when filming will resume.
“Kim’s well-being is our core focus right now. No decision has been made as to when production will resume,” a spokesperson for E! told Variety.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019