Katie Holmes, 38, and daughter Suri Cruise, ten, have made a rare appearance out and about on a mummy-daughter date at a Los Angeles Lakers basketball game on Sunday, January 15.
The duo were all smiles as they sat close to the action, glued to the pace of the game.
With their wide smiles and deep chestnut hair fans have been quick to point out just how similar little Suri looks to her beautiful mum.
Keeping the affair laid back, the Dawson’s Creek alum chose to wear a pair of cropped blue jeans, a sheer black top with lace applique and a simple pair of runners.
On the other hand, Suri’s penchant for fashion was out in full force as she matched the rose-pink of her hair bow to her cardigan and floral tea dress. She also chose to carry a beige, patent-leather bag.
Although Katie has shared a few of Suri’s major milestones with the public, including a glimpse into one of her birthday parties, the smiling duo are rarely seen in public and instead choose to lead a very private life out of the spotlight.
Katie shares daughter Suri with ex-husband Tom Cruise however, Suri is rarely - if ever - seen with her father.
Suri made headlines last year after she was reportedly caught making secret phone calls to her dad.
At the time a source revealed to Star magazine that, “Suri has been talking to Tom behind Katie’s back. He looks forward to her texts.”
Suri is reportedly not allowed to speak to her father publicly because of his position in the Scientology community.
The source added that “Katie is very concerned about Suri being brainwashed; that’s why she wanted to monitor every conversation.”
“She’s well aware of how powerful Scientology is, and she doesn’t want Tom luring Suri away from her. It’s a constant fear.”
The source added: “It’s not surprising that Suri is confused by the lack of communication between her parents.”
“She’s growing up, asking more questions and it’s becoming harder to shield her from the whispers. She wants to speak to her dad.”
While her relationship with her father remains the subject of much intrigue, in 2008 Tom proudly told Oprah that Suri was the centre of his universe.
It's unknown when Tom and Suri last saw each other.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsThe caring gesture that no one saw: How Duchess Catherine consoled Duchess Meghan at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 10:06am
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVHayley Holt reveals who her dream co-host would be and dishes on how work has affected her dating life
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayJul 16, 2019
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 16, 2019