Kiwi actor Karl Urban has begun shooting a new thriller Hangman, alongside Hollywood acting heavyweight, Al Pacino.
A recently released photo shows Urban and Pacino on the set of their new movie, performing in a scene that appears to be a stake-out.
The movie, directed by Johnny Martin, casts Urban as a criminal profiler working alongside decorated homicide detective Pacino.
The pair are out to catch a serial killer who is terrorising a city with a macabre version of the children’s game Hangman.
The movie also stars American Dreams actress Brittany Snow. Snow plays a journalist following the two men as they work the, as yet, unsolved case.
Speaking to Variety, Martin said it was every director’s dream to work with Al Pacino.
“Brittany Snow brings a fresh, instinctual presence to the production, while Karl Urban’s strength, instinct, and versatility heighten the action and this genre,” the director said.
Filming for the movie began in Atlanta this month.
In an earlier interview with NZME the actor revealed how honoured he was to be working with the acting legend whose ability he’d long admired.
"I have immense respect for his ability and craft.
"Pacino is one of the greats. He has phenomenal instincts and his contribution to stage and screen is truly inspirational.''
Urban is best known for his roles in Star Trekk and Dredd series’ and his career-launching role on Shortland Street as ambulance officer Jamie Forrest.
Hangman is set for release late 2017.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019