Justin Bieber’s tumultuous love life has hit the headlines more than once, but it was his rumoured hook-up with 36-year-old Kourtney Kardashian last year that caused the most drama.
Now, the ‘Sorry’ singer is finally addressing the subject in a new radio interview on The Bert Show, where he joked that he was being “used” by the mum-of-three.
“I’m being used, man. What can I say?” he quipped, in response to a headline that suggested Kourtney was trying to make ex-love Scott Disick jealous.
“Anything there?” the host asked, before Justin replied, “Nah, we’ll leave it at that.”
A short period of silence followed before the 21-year-old hastily added that he and the whole Kardashian family were long-time friends.
“No, no, but for real, she’s great. I’ve known [the family] for years,” he continued.
Talk of Justin and Kourtney’s fling first started heating up in October, when they were spotted leaving a California restaurant together. Later, on Instagram, Justin added more fuel to the rumours by posting a picture of himself and Kourtney wearing 3D glasses during an outing at Hollywood’s Universal Studios.
Of course, Justin’s current squeeze is none other than 19-year-old Hailey Baldwin, who has kept the pop star company on a blissful holiday in idyllic St Barts and Anguilla for the past week.
Justin has shared plenty of snaps from his getaway with fans on Instagram, and earlier this week, he seemed to confirm the new romance by posting a photo of himself locking lips with the blonde beauty.
Watch: Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin meet for the first time
As for ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez, Justin made it clear that the two are still on friendly terms, although it doesn’t sound like they’ll be getting back together any time soon.
“I just want her to be happy. I love [Selena]. We’re friends still,” he told host Bert Weiss.
“We needed time to grow for ourselves and we were like, ‘Maybe we’ll come back together in the future,’ and then it ended up being so long and we just grew apart and we’re not the same people anymore.”
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am