Fatima Savea, wife of All Black Julian Savea, has given birth to their baby girl.
Tima, as she commonly goes by, gave birth by caesarean section in Wellington Regional Hospital this morning and took to Instagram to share the happy news.
"Welcome to the world Jude Telesia Savea" she posted. "7.65 pounds of pure joy and happiness. Mummy and daddy love you so very much."
Julian followed by posting a photo of the baby with the caption "Me (sic) little angel Jude Telesia Savea proud of you @_timasavea #blessed #grateful."
The pair were married in August 2015. It's the first child for Tima, 23 and the second for Julian, 27 who has a daughter, Cora, from a previous relationship.
They were thrilled to fall pregnant after facing fertility issues early on.
"Julian is a father already and he would absolutely love a whole rugby team of children" she told Spy "but to some it comes easily and to others it's very difficult and unfortunately we are on the difficult side of things."
They found out the sex of their baby early on.
Tima has been documenting her pregnancy on social media, including a total of three baby showers attended by fellow All Black wags including Beauden Barrett's girlfriend Hannah Laity.
Julian missed out on making the All Blacks end of year tour squad, but it gave him time to spend at home with Tima and prepare for their imminent arrival.
Congratulations Julian and Tima - we love a good All Black baby announcement!
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019