The movie worlds of comic book superhero Deadpool and Hunt for the Wilderpeople have collided in an Instagram snap posted on Hollywood star Ryan Reynolds' account overnight, sparking a bit of a fan frenzy.
In the snap, Kiwi star Julian Dennison can be seen hitching a piggyback ride from Reynolds, who is all suited up in the iconic red and black garb of his wisecracking Marvel character. Dennison is pointing to something off in the distance as the pair pose for the photograph.
"Giving Julian Dennison a warm 💀💩L welcome as we stare off into our beautiful future together," Ryan captioned the shot, adding the hashtags #RickyBakerPool and #NZ. The 40-year-old star recently started production on the highly anticipated sequel to the original Deadpool film, which was released in 2016.
The post has garnered over 550,000 likes so far, with plenty of fans sharing their admiration for both stars in the comments.
"Go the kiwis in Hollywood represent" wrote one user, while another added, "Oh my goodness!! Ryan Reynolds and Ricky Baker ... this is too fantastic".
Julian's agent has since confirmed the Kiwi actor does have a part in the upcoming film and has spent the past few months travelling between Los Angeles and New Zealand, although there are no details yet as to what role he will be playing.
Hunt for the Wilderpeople director Taika Waititi - who has also joined the Marvel fold as the director of the latest Thor film, Thor: Ragnarok - reposted the image on his own Instagram account as well.
"Never in my wilderpeoplest dreams would I have imagined this picture existing. But now it makes more sense than anything else in this crazy, crazy world," he wrote.
Of course, this isn't the first time the character of Ricky Baker has popped up in connection with Marvel.
Back in April, after the first teaser trailer for Thor: Ragnarok was released online, eagle-eyed fans noticed a graffiti tag reading "Skux Life" clearly visible in the background of one of the shots. The phrase was famously uttered by Dennison's character Ricky in Hunt for the Wilderpeople.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021