Earlier this year, new mum Chrissy Teigen opened up in a powerful essay on her struggles with postpartum depression and anxiety.
Now her husband John Legend, who has also been named one of Time magazine’s most influential people of 2017, has spoken out in support of his wife’s battle.
Teigen, who is mother to one-year-old Luna Stephens, wrote frankly in her essay for Glamour magazine about the effects of postpartum depression, describing her battle as “painful”, and revealing she had struggled for months before she was diagnosed by a doctor.
"I remember being so exhausted but happy to know that we could finally get on the path of getting better," she writes. "John had that same excitement. I started taking an antidepressant, which helped. And I started sharing the news with friends and family - I felt like everyone deserved an explanation, and I didn’t know how else to say it other than the only way I know: just saying it."
In a video interview for Time, the La La Land star speaks about his wife’s struggles, as well as offering some insight into the celebrity couple’s life.
"My wife just wrote very candidly about what she went through with postpartum depression and dealing with the aftermath of having a child. We're very happy in our relationship and very happy to be parents, but, like everybody, we're human and we have challenges," Legend says.
"No one should think that our lives are perfect."
The singer added both he and Teigen both loved to gush about their little one on social media.
“We’re like other parents. We’re excited to post pictures of our babies,” he says. “We’re just being as natural as we can be in a kind of surreal world.”
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019