Jenny-May, 41, gave birth to their two bundles of joy in late March, just before her due date. The couple have reportedly chosen to give their boys Maori names, although the monikers have yet to be officially announced.
“We are all doing well – or should I say ‘surviving’!” Jenny-May told Women’s Weekly.
“Despite the sleep deprivation and round the clock care (and constant worry as a first time mum), we absolutely adore our handsome boys.”
These are the first children for Jenny-May, joining her husband Dean's other two children Libby-Jane, 10, and eight-year-old Leah. The two tied the knot in September last year after enjoying a whirlwind courtship, with Dean popping the question 11 days after the two met by chance at a Ponsonby bar.
One month after their wedding, Jenny-May announced the exciting news of her pregnancy in an interview with NZ Woman’s Weekly.
“It’s a beautiful thing!” she said at the time.
“Although I'm under no illusion that it's going to be really easy, at the end of the day to be blessed with two babies - and at our age – is pretty cool.”
Jenny-May’s pregnancy wasn’t all smooth sailing, however – earlier this year, the former Silver Fern hit headlines after a Lower Hutt man called her an “eyesore” in a letter published in the TV Guide.
John Rook, the author behind the letter, questioned who had allowed a presenter in “a very pregnant state” to be on screen. The comments sparked an outpouring of support for Jenny-May online, and Mr Rook later apologised for his letter, saying he was “out of touch”.
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome their first child, a baby girl
Now To LoveSep 21, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Tegan Yorwarth's message to internet trolls
Woman's DaySep 20, 2021
- TVBlack Ferns star Huriana Manuel's Olympic heartbreak
Woman's DaySep 15, 2021
- TVProud Dad Art Green: 'My little girl is just so special'
Woman's DaySep 13, 2021
- Celebrity NewsAngela Bloomfield's tears and fears: 'I haven't given up on love!'
Woman's DaySep 07, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJoe Naufahu's heartbreak: 'I'm doing this for Mum'
Woman's DaySep 06, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi parents nightmare: 'Our son should still be here'
Woman's DaySep 03, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi Paralympic kayaker Corbin Hart's unstoppable romance
Woman's DayAug 28, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island hosts Bree Tomasel and Matt Chisholm's special bond
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021
- Real LifeTVNZ reporter Michelle Prendiville opens up about her alopecia
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021