Before Ben Affleck wed Jennifer Garner, there was another famous ‘Jennifer’ in his life – and as it turns out, she’s not a fan of his new back tattoo either!
Appearing on Watch What Happens Live earlier this week, the 46-year-old stunner had no problem sharing her opinion of Ben’s massive ink, which depicts a phoenix rising from the ashes.
“It’s awful! What are you doing?” she told host Andy Cohen.
“I mean, I would tell him that. I would tell him, ‘What are you doing?’ It has too many colours. His tattoos always have too many colours. They shouldn’t be so colourful. You know what I mean?”
Jennifer and Ben infamously dated for 18 months, during which they sparked the term 'Bennifer' and became the subject of plenty of tabloid headlines. Despite becoming engaged, the pair eventually broke it off in January of 2004, after postponing their planned September 2003 wedding just three days out from the nuptials.
In 2012, Ben revealed the two still kept in touch occasionally.
"We don't have the kind of relationship where she relies on me for advice. But we do have the kind of relationship where there'll be an email saying, 'Oh, your movie looks great,'" he told The Hollywood Reporter at the time.
"I touch base. I respect her. I like her. She's put up with some stuff that was unfair in her life, and I'm really pleased to see her successful."
J.Lo isn't the only one speaking out about Ben's surprising tattoo, which he first debuted back in December while on the set of his new film Live By Night. Ben’s ex-wife Jennifer Garner touched on the topic while speaking to Vanity Fair about their painful split, announced a day after their 10th anniversary.
“You know what I would say in my hometown about that? ‘Bless his heart.’ A phoenix rising from the ashes. Am I the ashes in this scenario?” she joked.
“I take umbrage. I refuse to be the ashes.”
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayToday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerMore orgasms, less waste: why these are life goals we should all aspire to
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsTennis legend Stan Smith gives Duchess Catherine a very special gift for Prince Louis at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 12:45pm
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine returns to Wimbledon to present Novak Djokovic with his winning trophy
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Beyoncé share a hug and talk parenting at the European premiere of the Lion King
Now To LoveYesterday 9:19am
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Destinations CitiesWhere to go for adventure when you holiday in Vanuatu
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- BodyThe silent language that is central and beneficial to our lives, and how we can get more of it
Good Health ChoicesJul 14, 2019