Before Ben Affleck wed Jennifer Garner, there was another famous ‘Jennifer’ in his life – and as it turns out, she’s not a fan of his new back tattoo either!
Appearing on Watch What Happens Live earlier this week, the 46-year-old stunner had no problem sharing her opinion of Ben’s massive ink, which depicts a phoenix rising from the ashes.
“It’s awful! What are you doing?” she told host Andy Cohen.
“I mean, I would tell him that. I would tell him, ‘What are you doing?’ It has too many colours. His tattoos always have too many colours. They shouldn’t be so colourful. You know what I mean?”
Jennifer and Ben infamously dated for 18 months, during which they sparked the term 'Bennifer' and became the subject of plenty of tabloid headlines. Despite becoming engaged, the pair eventually broke it off in January of 2004, after postponing their planned September 2003 wedding just three days out from the nuptials.
In 2012, Ben revealed the two still kept in touch occasionally.
"We don't have the kind of relationship where she relies on me for advice. But we do have the kind of relationship where there'll be an email saying, 'Oh, your movie looks great,'" he told The Hollywood Reporter at the time.
"I touch base. I respect her. I like her. She's put up with some stuff that was unfair in her life, and I'm really pleased to see her successful."
J.Lo isn't the only one speaking out about Ben's surprising tattoo, which he first debuted back in December while on the set of his new film Live By Night. Ben’s ex-wife Jennifer Garner touched on the topic while speaking to Vanity Fair about their painful split, announced a day after their 10th anniversary.
“You know what I would say in my hometown about that? ‘Bless his heart.’ A phoenix rising from the ashes. Am I the ashes in this scenario?” she joked.
“I take umbrage. I refuse to be the ashes.”
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019