Bucking the trend of Hollywood stars desperate to turn back the hands of time, Jennifer Aniston reveals there’s something kind of “awesome” about ageing gracefully. Refusing to succumb to “quick fixes” for her upcoming wedding, she’s got the full support of her fiancé Justin Theroux to go au naturel.
In a candid interview, the 45-year-old actress speaks out against plastic surgery and admits her actor-director beau would “put a gun to my head if I touch my face in any way”.
“What I have been witness to is seeing women trying to stay ageless with what they are doing to themselves,” she continues.
“I am grateful to learn from their mistakes, because I am not injecting s* into my face.”
The Friends star takes aim at women in the industry – including those closest to her – who have turned to Botox and cosmetic fillers, saying her “heart breaks” when she sees the shocking results.
“They are trying to stop the clock and all you can see is an insecure person who won’t let themselves just age... sometimes I wish I could beg the people I know, who I am very near and dear to, to not touch their face.”
No doubt Jennifer’s comments will upset her best friend and former TV co-star Courteney Cox (50), who admitted to using Botox injections in an interview last year, adding that she’s “game for anything” to slow the ageing process.
Over the years, Jennifer has faced many rumours that she’s cosmetically altered her appearance, with claims she’s had everything from two nose jobs to a breast enhancement. And while she doesn’t deny dabbling with injections to reduce the appearance of scars and wrinkles, the Horrible Bosses actress has a long-held no-surgery stance.
Instead, she takes her inspiration from feminist icon Gloria Steinem (80), whom she calls “the most stunning woman on the planet”, as well as “fabulous, fearless women” such as Diane Keaton (68) and Annette Bening (56) when it comes to feeling comfortable in her own skin. The biggest step towards achieving that goal, Jennifer says, is focusing on health first.
“It’s about water, drinking lots of water... [and] proper sleep is always important.”
Getting her recommended shut-eye may prove difficult, however, with her upcoming nuptials. According to her wedding planner Kevin Lee, the low-key celebration is taking place out of the country this month and there are still a few loose ends to tie up before the big day.
As well as planning their beach-side bash, both Justin and Jennifer have a number of work commitments. The Horrible Bosses sequel is due to be released in November, which will no doubt see Jennifer embark on a worldwide press tour. Meanwhile Justin, who turned 43 last week, has confirmed he‘s involved in developing a sequel to the 2001 hit comedy Zoolander.
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019