Bucking the trend of Hollywood stars desperate to turn back the hands of time, Jennifer Aniston reveals there’s something kind of “awesome” about ageing gracefully. Refusing to succumb to “quick fixes” for her upcoming wedding, she’s got the full support of her fiancé Justin Theroux to go au naturel.
In a candid interview, the 45-year-old actress speaks out against plastic surgery and admits her actor-director beau would “put a gun to my head if I touch my face in any way”.
“What I have been witness to is seeing women trying to stay ageless with what they are doing to themselves,” she continues.
“I am grateful to learn from their mistakes, because I am not injecting s* into my face.”
The Friends star takes aim at women in the industry – including those closest to her – who have turned to Botox and cosmetic fillers, saying her “heart breaks” when she sees the shocking results.
“They are trying to stop the clock and all you can see is an insecure person who won’t let themselves just age... sometimes I wish I could beg the people I know, who I am very near and dear to, to not touch their face.”
No doubt Jennifer’s comments will upset her best friend and former TV co-star Courteney Cox (50), who admitted to using Botox injections in an interview last year, adding that she’s “game for anything” to slow the ageing process.
Over the years, Jennifer has faced many rumours that she’s cosmetically altered her appearance, with claims she’s had everything from two nose jobs to a breast enhancement. And while she doesn’t deny dabbling with injections to reduce the appearance of scars and wrinkles, the Horrible Bosses actress has a long-held no-surgery stance.
Instead, she takes her inspiration from feminist icon Gloria Steinem (80), whom she calls “the most stunning woman on the planet”, as well as “fabulous, fearless women” such as Diane Keaton (68) and Annette Bening (56) when it comes to feeling comfortable in her own skin. The biggest step towards achieving that goal, Jennifer says, is focusing on health first.
“It’s about water, drinking lots of water... [and] proper sleep is always important.”
Getting her recommended shut-eye may prove difficult, however, with her upcoming nuptials. According to her wedding planner Kevin Lee, the low-key celebration is taking place out of the country this month and there are still a few loose ends to tie up before the big day.
As well as planning their beach-side bash, both Justin and Jennifer have a number of work commitments. The Horrible Bosses sequel is due to be released in November, which will no doubt see Jennifer embark on a worldwide press tour. Meanwhile Justin, who turned 43 last week, has confirmed he‘s involved in developing a sequel to the 2001 hit comedy Zoolander.
- SkincareThe surprising benefits of caffeine for your skin and body
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- BodyPerimenopause: the 'change before the change' explained
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- Royals25 of the best royal Christmas cards over the years
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyIdeas for gifts that your kids can make for others this Christmas
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:16am
- Real LifeI love Christmas so much I've converted our barn into a Christmas wonderland
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:06am
- FamilyOur favourite Kiwi celebs share some of their favourite Christmas traditions
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:46am
- Pregnancy & Birth'She's the real miracle': New dad's tribute to wife after she gives birth goes viral
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeEverything you need to know about living a 'low-tox' life in 2020
- At homeEntertaining with ease thanks to the latest tech products
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- RoyalsTake a look back at Queen Elizabeth’s first televised Christmas message 62 years ago
Now To LoveYesterday 11:30am
- MindZac Guildford's candid confession about his battle with drugs and depression
Woman's DayYesterday 9:50am
- SkincareAcne and exfoliating: does it make your skin worse?
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe impact of having Sussex Royal follow you on Instagram
Now To LoveDec 10, 2019
- MakeupDo eyebrows grow back? How to regrow over plucked brows
Now To LoveDec 10, 2019