What is it with our weird fascination with celebrity friendships and life imitating art? Whatever it is, one such red carpet friendship that has always given us the warm fuzzies is that of Friends stars Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox.
The Friends stars have seen one another through good times and bad. The latest is happy news - that Jennifer is expected to be longtime pal Courteney's maid of honour at her wedding this summer. We're probably more excited than they are.
Courteney will be marrying Snow Patrol singer Johnny McDaid in the coming months and Jennifer is lined up to play an important role in proceedings. A source told The Mirror that the pair are as tight as ever so, to our delight, there was no doubt that Jen would be maid of honour on the big day.
"Courteney and Jennifer are thick as thieves and they have got even closer in recent months," the source said. "Courteney wouldn't want to walk down the aisle without Jennifer by her side. They have a very strong friendship."
They were spotted together at the Chanel 'Our Majestic Oceans Benefit' dinner hosted on the weekend however we're all very well aware that their friendship dates back more than 20 years. And now, (very) loosely following the storyline in which Rachel, Monica (and Phoebe) promised to be each others' maids of honour, Courteney and Jennifer have managed to do the same.
You might remember that Courteney was chosen to be Jennifer's maid of honour for her wedding to Justin Theroux in 2015. There were reports that Courteney stayed at the wedding, partying through the night into the early hours and we can only hope that Jen will be returning the favour at Courtney and Johnny's reception.
Courteney and Johnny first met through Ed Sheeran and the singer had been keen to officiate at the couple's wedding.
Courteney and Johnny's relationship hit a speed bump in 2015 when Courteney called their engagement off, after 17 months together. However, with wedding plans back in full swing everything seems full steam ahead.
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019