Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux have announced they are parting ways after two years of marriage.
The couple confirmed the news of their split to the Associated Press, sharing it was "mutual and lovingly made at the end of last year".
"Normally we would do this privately, but given that the gossip industry cannot resist an opportunity to speculate and invent, we wanted to convey the truth directly," Jennifer's publicist Stephen Huvane released in a statement.
"Whatever else is printed about us that is not directly from us, is someone else's fictional narrative. Above all, we are determined to maintain the deep respect and love that we have for one another."
It had been noted that for the past few months both Jennifer and Justin had been spending time apart.
She recently celebrated her 49th birthday with her husband, surrounding herself with friends Courteney Cox and her manager, Aleen Keshishian.
The last time they were seen together was in December 2017, where they holidayed in Mexico with pals Jason Bateman and Amanda Anka.
While their final official appearance as couple was at Jason's induction ceremony for a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, back in July 2017.
Friends of the pair said that time apart really helped with their marriage.
"Justin often spends a few days in NYC by himself," a friend told People about the 46-year-old.
"When he is in NYC, Jen will catch up with friends and enjoys her own life. When Justin is in L.A., it's very special for them. They socialize together with friends. They often go out to dinner or have people over."
Just last March, Jen opened up her LA home to Architectural Digest.
Proudly showing off her love nest, which she shared with Justin, she gushed, "I look around at my husband and my dogs and our home, and there's nowhere else I want to be."
Jen and Justin first met on the set of Tropic Thunder back in 2008.
Things turned romantic for the Friends star and the actor years later, in May 2011, with the couple announcing their engagement a year later in August.
Shocking the world, they tied the knot in August 2015, in a surprise ceremony - just days before Justin's 44th birthday.
Friends, who were invited to the magical day under the ruse of Justin's birthday, were overjoyed for their romance.
"They seemed ecstatic," one attendee told People.
"They celebrated late and barely slept, but they were in the best mood. They were giddy to have pulled off an amazing wedding celebration with their friends. And they were proud to finally be married."
This was Justin Theroux's first wedding and Jennifer Aniston's second.
The actress was previous married from 2000-2005 to Brad Pitt, who called it quits with his second wife Angelina Jolie back in 2016.
While Jennifer, herself, is yet to talk about the demise of her second marriage, she has shared the pain of a break up in the past.
The actress showed her raw side during a panel at the 46th Annual Giffoni Film Festival .
"We're all human beings at the end of the day, whether we're a waitress or we're a baker or we're a student – whatever we are, at the end of the day, you can kind of hit walls and think 'I can't go any farther.' Or 'this is too much, my heart can't take it.' Or 'the pain is too great.' Or 'am I good enough?' Or, 'Will I survive?'"
Adding, "And you just have to sort of, somehow, miraculously overcome. You just go, 'I can.' Yes, you can!"
- FamilyThe mindfulness coach changing Kiwi kids' lives by teaching them how to meditate
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 3:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan’s former co-star reveals what she’s really like in real life
Now To LoveToday 2:30pm
- Real LifeA Muslim schoolgirl from Australia asks Jacinda Ardern to be their Prime Minister
Now To LoveToday 11:07am
- Real LifeI never thought I could be in danger over my beliefs until Friday March 15
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyEight car-buying tips that everyone needs to know - a car broker shares his knowledge
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- CompetitionsWin a Limited Edition Sacred Hill Copper Foil Print
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 5:00pm
- BodyCould a weighted blanket help you stress less and sleep better?
Now To LoveYesterday 4:15pm
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Nic speaks out about his 'horrendous' marriage to Cyrell
Now To LoveYesterday 1:50pm
- CareerWhat Kiwi actress Ginette McDonald really thinks of her daughter Kate McGill following in her footsteps
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry’s reaction to this boy not believing he’s a real royal is seriously priceless
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyHow art therapy helped us cope with the grief of losing their dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:04am
- FitnessThe reasons why you should also be foam rolling before you work out
Now To LoveMar 20, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine has made her first ever solo public appearance with The Queen
Now To LoveMar 20, 2019
- FamilyAt home with Sam Wallace and his adorable new obsession - baby Brando
Woman's DayMar 20, 2019
- FamilyEight ways to get your kids off their screens and out into nature
Now To LoveMar 20, 2019