In the latest issue of Woman’s Day, Jeanette Thomas reveals her heartache at the cancelling of Good Morning and the loss of her “dream job”.
She tells us, “I’m just not ready to lose it – and the lovely, hardworking family we’ve got going on behind the scenes. Television is all I’ve done for the last 19 years and this is the only job I’ve felt such an intense passion for.”
In our story, Jeanette also reveals her five favourite moments from the show, which ends this week. But what have been her worst?
The mum-of-two hated the episode in which she was hypnotised.
“I was the queen of embarrassment,” she recalls. “I had to audition for New Zealand’s Got Talent in front of Tamati Coffey and I offered to pole dance, but there was no pole, so I did a stunning rendition of the national anthem.
"Those buggers behind the scenes did that on purpose because they know that I am a horrible singer! It’s my worst nightmare to sing anywhere besides the shower.”
And her worst interview? Dolores O’Riordan, from Irish band the Cranberries, who had hits in the ‘90s with “Zombie” and “Salvation”.
Jeanette remembers, “It was obvious she didn’t want to be interviewed and was just giving us one-word answers, which is strange because when you say yes to an interview-based show, you’re supposed to be chatty. Thank goodness she was the only one who’s done that!”
Watch: Jeanette gets hypnotised on Good Morning
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019