Jay-Jay Harvey has been announced as the new More FM Drive show host alongside veteran broadcaster Jason Gunn.
Harvey quit her job at The Edge in November last year after 23 years at the radio station. She had split with her husband and co-host Dominic Harvey earlier that year after 18 years together.
"This is a huge move for me and I couldn't be more excited," Jay-Jay said of her new job. "It was bittersweet to say goodbye to The Edge after such a long time, but it makes it easier knowing that I'll be sitting next to Jase, a true broadcasting legend!"
Leaving her old job was a tough decision for 43-year-old Jay-Jay, and one she opened up to Woman's Day about earlier this month.
"The Edge was a huge part of my life and I'm still heartbroken," she told the magazine.
"Last year was so hard," she confessed. "I'm so happy to see the back of 2017."
Having worked with her former husband for so long, going out on her own was nerve wracking. "He's been my safety net for so many years and I'm not completely confident I'll be OK by myself. There's going to be a lot of pressure on me."
In a post to her Facebook page, she said she was excited about no longer having to get up at 4am.
Jay-Jay and Jason's new drive show will debut on More FM in April.
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyApr 22, 2019
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesApr 22, 2019
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayApr 22, 2019