Jay-Jay Harvey has been announced as the new More FM Drive show host alongside veteran broadcaster Jason Gunn.
Harvey quit her job at The Edge in November last year after 23 years at the radio station. She had split with her husband and co-host Dominic Harvey earlier that year after 18 years together.
"This is a huge move for me and I couldn't be more excited," Jay-Jay said of her new job. "It was bittersweet to say goodbye to The Edge after such a long time, but it makes it easier knowing that I'll be sitting next to Jase, a true broadcasting legend!"
Leaving her old job was a tough decision for 43-year-old Jay-Jay, and one she opened up to Woman's Day about earlier this month.
"The Edge was a huge part of my life and I'm still heartbroken," she told the magazine.
"Last year was so hard," she confessed. "I'm so happy to see the back of 2017."
Having worked with her former husband for so long, going out on her own was nerve wracking. "He's been my safety net for so many years and I'm not completely confident I'll be OK by myself. There's going to be a lot of pressure on me."
In a post to her Facebook page, she said she was excited about no longer having to get up at 4am.
Jay-Jay and Jason's new drive show will debut on More FM in April.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019