Broadcaster Jay-Jay Harvey has announced that she is quitting The Edge after 23 years at the station.
Jay-Jay, who split from husband and The Edge Breakfast co-presenter Dom Harvey earlier this year, said it was time for a change.
“This has been a massive, life-changing decision. I’ve been at The Edge for more than half my life and I feel very ready now to move on. I really want to thank all the amazing, hardworking and talented people I’ve worked with at The Edge over the years and especially give a big thanks to our incredible and supportive listeners. I’m looking forward to some time away and will be ready to welcome the next phase of my MediaWorks radio career in 2018 - watch this space!”
Leon Wratt, Group Content Director – Music, MediaWorks Radio said: “I’ve had the privilege of working with Jay-Jay since the early days of The Edge where she took the station from a regional audience of 15,000 to 650,000 listeners across the country. A major part of Jay-Jay’s success and her appeal as a broadcaster is that she is hugely relatable, she’s always professional and she doesn’t have an ego - the same Jay-Jay you hear on air is the one you meet in person. Her longevity with The Edge Breakfast is testament to that and she’s leaving the station at the very top of her game. We acknowledge that it’s time for Jay-Jay to have a break and move on to a new chapter and we look forward to her joining the wider MediaWorks radio family next year.”
It's been a big year for Jay-Jay. In August, she and husband Dom announced that they had broken up after 18 years together. She has also struggled with depression and last month revealed that she had been the victim of an assault.
Jay-Jay will remain on air with The Edge Breakfast until just before Christmas.
Megan Annear will be joining The Edge Breakfast team from the end of November and she will take over the hot seat next to Dom Harvey and Clint Randell when they officially launch their show on The Edge in early 2018.
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome their first child, a baby girl
Now To LoveSep 21, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Tegan Yorwarth's message to internet trolls
Woman's DaySep 20, 2021
- TVBlack Ferns star Huriana Manuel's Olympic heartbreak
Woman's DaySep 15, 2021
- TVProud Dad Art Green: 'My little girl is just so special'
Woman's DaySep 13, 2021
- Celebrity NewsAngela Bloomfield's tears and fears: 'I haven't given up on love!'
Woman's DaySep 07, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJoe Naufahu's heartbreak: 'I'm doing this for Mum'
Woman's DaySep 06, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi parents nightmare: 'Our son should still be here'
Woman's DaySep 03, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi Paralympic kayaker Corbin Hart's unstoppable romance
Woman's DayAug 28, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island hosts Bree Tomasel and Matt Chisholm's special bond
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021
- Real LifeTVNZ reporter Michelle Prendiville opens up about her alopecia
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021