Broadcaster Jay-Jay Harvey has announced that she is quitting The Edge after 23 years at the station.
Jay-Jay, who split from husband and The Edge Breakfast co-presenter Dom Harvey earlier this year, said it was time for a change.
“This has been a massive, life-changing decision. I’ve been at The Edge for more than half my life and I feel very ready now to move on. I really want to thank all the amazing, hardworking and talented people I’ve worked with at The Edge over the years and especially give a big thanks to our incredible and supportive listeners. I’m looking forward to some time away and will be ready to welcome the next phase of my MediaWorks radio career in 2018 - watch this space!”
Leon Wratt, Group Content Director – Music, MediaWorks Radio said: “I’ve had the privilege of working with Jay-Jay since the early days of The Edge where she took the station from a regional audience of 15,000 to 650,000 listeners across the country. A major part of Jay-Jay’s success and her appeal as a broadcaster is that she is hugely relatable, she’s always professional and she doesn’t have an ego - the same Jay-Jay you hear on air is the one you meet in person. Her longevity with The Edge Breakfast is testament to that and she’s leaving the station at the very top of her game. We acknowledge that it’s time for Jay-Jay to have a break and move on to a new chapter and we look forward to her joining the wider MediaWorks radio family next year.”
It's been a big year for Jay-Jay. In August, she and husband Dom announced that they had broken up after 18 years together. She has also struggled with depression and last month revealed that she had been the victim of an assault.
Jay-Jay will remain on air with The Edge Breakfast until just before Christmas.
Megan Annear will be joining The Edge Breakfast team from the end of November and she will take over the hot seat next to Dom Harvey and Clint Randell when they officially launch their show on The Edge in early 2018.
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019