Jason Gunn has revealed he's been making some big life changes as he recovers from a heart attack he suffered earlier this month.
The Kiwi broadcaster, 48, was rushed to hospital after a suffering minor heart attack while he was at the gym. He’s since been recovering at home from surgery after a stent was put in.
The More FM radio host has been off air for weeks now, but spoke to co-host Lana Searle about his recovery from his home on Thursday.
“When I come in again, no special treatment, let’s just keep it as it was,” he said in a recorded conversation with Searle.
Gunn joked that naps and Netflix had become part of his new routine, however he also spoke of other changes he’d made to help him toward better health.
“No sugar at all in my coffee, obviously. Peppermint tea, I’m big on because it’s good for cleansing.”
“I’ve also taken up jigsaws and painting,” he said.
The conversation was light-hearted through-out, although in a quieter moment Gunn revealed he was “a bit slower”
The beloved broadcaster, whose upbeat style has earned him legions of fans, said he was taking a positive attitude toward what had happened.
“Like anything really bad, I think something good must come of this.”
Article continues below
Gunn explained how he been told at the gym he’d needed to lose about 3 kg the day before the heart attack.
At the end of his week in hospital, Gunn said he weighed himself and he’d lost 2.9kg.
“It wasn’t the method I needed to do it,” he joked “but I guess they should have been more specific with their instructions.
It’s not known at this stage when Gunn will return to his radio show.
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019