Jason Gunn has revealed he's been making some big life changes as he recovers from a heart attack he suffered earlier this month.
The Kiwi broadcaster, 48, was rushed to hospital after a suffering minor heart attack while he was at the gym. He’s since been recovering at home from surgery after a stent was put in.
The More FM radio host has been off air for weeks now, but spoke to co-host Lana Searle about his recovery from his home on Thursday.
“When I come in again, no special treatment, let’s just keep it as it was,” he said in a recorded conversation with Searle.
Gunn joked that naps and Netflix had become part of his new routine, however he also spoke of other changes he’d made to help him toward better health.
“No sugar at all in my coffee, obviously. Peppermint tea, I’m big on because it’s good for cleansing.”
“I’ve also taken up jigsaws and painting,” he said.
The conversation was light-hearted through-out, although in a quieter moment Gunn revealed he was “a bit slower”
The beloved broadcaster, whose upbeat style has earned him legions of fans, said he was taking a positive attitude toward what had happened.
“Like anything really bad, I think something good must come of this.”
Article continues below
Gunn explained how he been told at the gym he’d needed to lose about 3 kg the day before the heart attack.
At the end of his week in hospital, Gunn said he weighed himself and he’d lost 2.9kg.
“It wasn’t the method I needed to do it,” he joked “but I guess they should have been more specific with their instructions.
It’s not known at this stage when Gunn will return to his radio show.
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveToday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen confirms the Sussexes will no longer use their HRH titles in an update on their royal exit
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:57am
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020
- CompetitionsWin $200 worth of back to school gift cards with Woman's Day
Now To LoveJan 17, 2020
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayJan 17, 2020
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveJan 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayJan 16, 2020
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesJan 16, 2020