Jason Gunn has revealed he's been making some big life changes as he recovers from a heart attack he suffered earlier this month.
The Kiwi broadcaster, 48, was rushed to hospital after a suffering minor heart attack while he was at the gym. He’s since been recovering at home from surgery after a stent was put in.
The More FM radio host has been off air for weeks now, but spoke to co-host Lana Searle about his recovery from his home on Thursday.
“When I come in again, no special treatment, let’s just keep it as it was,” he said in a recorded conversation with Searle.
Gunn joked that naps and Netflix had become part of his new routine, however he also spoke of other changes he’d made to help him toward better health.
“No sugar at all in my coffee, obviously. Peppermint tea, I’m big on because it’s good for cleansing.”
“I’ve also taken up jigsaws and painting,” he said.
The conversation was light-hearted through-out, although in a quieter moment Gunn revealed he was “a bit slower”
The beloved broadcaster, whose upbeat style has earned him legions of fans, said he was taking a positive attitude toward what had happened.
“Like anything really bad, I think something good must come of this.”
Article continues below
Gunn explained how he been told at the gym he’d needed to lose about 3 kg the day before the heart attack.
At the end of his week in hospital, Gunn said he weighed himself and he’d lost 2.9kg.
“It wasn’t the method I needed to do it,” he joked “but I guess they should have been more specific with their instructions.
It’s not known at this stage when Gunn will return to his radio show.
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyApr 22, 2019
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesApr 22, 2019
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayApr 22, 2019