Happy 30th birthday Matt McLean!
The former TV One reporter is celebrating the milestone birthday today in London, where he has been living for the past few months.
While most people have probably been sending him sweet birthday wishes, his best mate, Breakfast host Jack Tame, sent him a birthday cake - with a strange message.
Matt posted a picture of the cake on Twitter, along with this explanation: "When I was a teenager I morbidly told @Chloegray and @jacktame I thought I wouldn't make it to 30. They reminded me with my 30th birthday cake."
The cake read: "You should be dead by now!"
Matt and Jack met as teenagers at broadcasting school in Christchurch before both joining TVNZ as junior reporters.
And even though Matt is halfway around the world, he still made sure to send his friend encouraging words as Jack began his new role on Breakfast alongside Hilary Barry recently.
"i've been fortunate to call Jack Tame my best mate for 12 years now, and in that time there's been so much i've been proud of him for. but i've never been prouder than i am today, as he relaunches Breakfast as the new co-host...Jack is incredibly passionate, hard working, and so entertaining. go hard buddy, and go smash it!," he wrote on Facebook
"Ps: you get today. today i'm mushy, but tomorrow i'll return to bringing you back down to earth by telling you you're not as funny as you think you are etc."
- RoyalsPrince Harry has returned to the UK for his final string of engagements as a senior royal
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsThe Cambridges are set to visit Ireland as the Sussexes return to the UK
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- PetsIt's getting hot in here: Expert advice on caring for your pet over summer
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight Australia 2019 stars: Where are they now?
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- CareerWhy Judy Bailey's latest project had everyone thinking she was getting inked
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:40am
- CareerWhy Laura Dern deserves every acting award she gets!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:31am
- BodyWhy acupuncture could be the pathway to a healthier body and menstrual cycle
Good Health ChoicesFeb 24, 2020
- TVChelsea Winter's former husband Michael Bullot opens up about kids and marriage
Now To LoveFeb 23, 2020