Happy 30th birthday Matt McLean!
The former TV One reporter is celebrating the milestone birthday today in London, where he has been living for the past few months.
While most people have probably been sending him sweet birthday wishes, his best mate, Breakfast host Jack Tame, sent him a birthday cake - with a strange message.
Matt posted a picture of the cake on Twitter, along with this explanation: "When I was a teenager I morbidly told @Chloegray and @jacktame I thought I wouldn't make it to 30. They reminded me with my 30th birthday cake."
The cake read: "You should be dead by now!"
Matt and Jack met as teenagers at broadcasting school in Christchurch before both joining TVNZ as junior reporters.
And even though Matt is halfway around the world, he still made sure to send his friend encouraging words as Jack began his new role on Breakfast alongside Hilary Barry recently.
"i've been fortunate to call Jack Tame my best mate for 12 years now, and in that time there's been so much i've been proud of him for. but i've never been prouder than i am today, as he relaunches Breakfast as the new co-host...Jack is incredibly passionate, hard working, and so entertaining. go hard buddy, and go smash it!," he wrote on Facebook
"Ps: you get today. today i'm mushy, but tomorrow i'll return to bringing you back down to earth by telling you you're not as funny as you think you are etc."
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan announces she's added another engagement to her South Africa tour itinerary
Now To LoveToday 10:20am
- BodyCould magnetic therapy be the solution to treating aches and pains?
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:15am
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Block NZ favourites Ethan and Sam: 'We had a rough run but we stayed true to ourselves'
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DaySep 20, 2019